August 10th. The day we flew back to Virginia.
We decided we needed one last beach-fix so I got the boys together and we headed down to enjoy the sand and waves before it was time to go.
Uncle Jason came down to be with us, too.
The sun was so pretty on the water.
We had to take our "spirit" pictures, too.
Can you make out all four of us?
Here is the first one I took with Lance in 2006 when he was only 9 months old:
Yep, he was already walking by then. Crazy!
I know I've included tons of old pictures, but here is just one more:
Cole enjoying the morning beach...
And here's Lance at 9 months doing the same thing...
...only naked. Ha! Is there anything cuter than a naked baby bum?
Look how time changes things.
Thanks for being such a good big brother, Lance!
We played for about an hour, then got ready to fly back to Virginia. Amy drove us to the airport that morning where we caught our flight home. It was intense traveling with three young boys all by myself, but somehow our bag was checked and we all made it to our seats on the plane. I felt like super-mom.
The boys were great on the plane once again. Thanks, boys!
After we landed, we grabbed our bag and car seats, took a shuttle to our car that was parked and drove home. It took us 3 hours because of traffic and by the last half hour Cole was screaming because he need to eat, Lance was crying because Cole was screaming and Jude was happily yelling at Cole to "be quiet" and "you're okay!" Whew. I was ready to cry myself, but we managed to make it home in one piece. Talk about a long day!
Lance's dad pulled up about 30 minutes after we got home and Lance was on his way to Northern VA so he could fly out the following day to California for his Uncle Dan's mission farewell. We'll miss you, Lance! He comes home in about a week, just in time to start school on the 22nd.
I finally got the little boys fed and in bed and then fell into bed myself. It had been a loooong day and an even longer week. George was working that night, but I vaguely remember cuddling up to him when he finally made it home sometime in the wee hours of the morning. Florida was fun, but it was so good to be home!





No comments:
Post a Comment