If you know my family at all, you know that we do vacations hard. There is little true relaxing and we're often more tired at the end then when we began.
For example, every time we come to the beach, we exercise in the early morning before the sun comes up. Yes. We are out on the beach by 6 a.m. to walk/run 5 miles. Crazy? Probably.
I was hopeful I would get to do it with my family each morning, but as it turned out, I only got to go once. It's hard with three little boys, since Lance wouldn't last 5 miles and I only have a stroller for two. Tuesday morning, Lance slept in so I left him with Chad and Glenn and took the little boys for a jog/walk on the beach. Everyone had left before me so we hurried to catch up.
Once the sun comes up, it gets hot. I was a sweaty mess by the time we met up with everyone.
Ha! They're doing arm exercises while they walk.
Jude insisted on running most of the 2 miles back to the condo.
That morning we spent a few hours on the beach again.
Jude found a dead jelly fish. Right after this picture, he threw it on the ground and yelled, "ew, gross!"
I think Jude looks just like his cousin Bryce here.
Uncle Chad was pretty entertaining.
All showered off and ready for a nap!
Thanks, Chad!
I actually got to take a nap, too! It was great!
Dead to the world...
Later that evening, I left Cole with my mom and Glenn and went back to the beach with Lance and Jude.
I think this was my favorite moment the whole week--playing with my older boys in the warm evening, just having fun.
Lance built a scene from Star Craft in the sand.
Perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment