Saturday morning the boys woke up around 8 and we were off and running! We had breakfast at Grandma's house and waited for our "check-in" time at the condo.
Thank goodness for Aunt Amy! I don't know what we would have done without her. Lance thinks she is literally the best and was so excited to show her his new Lego set he got for the trip.
We were able to check in early, so by 11 a.m. we were in the condo and ready for some fun. The only problem was there was no food and it was almost lunch time. So, I ordered some pizza and while we waited for it to arrive, Amy and I took the boys swimming in the pool. We didn't get to swim very long before the pizza arrived.
Then it was naps for the little boys! Hooray!
We waited to go to the beach because we were supposed to make another WalMart trip with Mom and Aunt Linda so we could all get the food together. The trip didn't happen until 4 or 5 p.m. Thank goodness for Animal Planet that kept the kids entertained. Poor Lance and Jude were so anxious to play and instead had to endure another boring trip to the store. I promised promised promised we would play on the beach when we got back.
It was 7 p.m. by the time we got home, got our swimmies on and finally hit the beach.
The boys were so excited!
The boys were so excited!
Cole was interested in everything and took it all in like a champ.
We got these shovels for the boys at the store and I don't think they left their hands that day.
Cole was a fan of the sand and kind of liked the water until a wave came and knocked him down while I was looking the other way. Poor baby. He was a little wary after that.
I think we got to play a total of 30 minutes before it started to rain on us, so we went inside. Not the greatest day, but at least we did get some play time in at the end. The boys were such good sports. I remember being so frustrated as a kid when we had to do all those boring "adult" things instead of play.
It was another late night for everyone--not such a great idea when church the next day is at 9 a.m.!
No comments:
Post a Comment