The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Florida--Day 7

Another beautiful day in Florida.

Sunrise.

Jude continued to pretend he knew how to surf:

The storm the night before somehow washed away the jelly fish and the water was crystal clear. So clear, Amy found a cute little starfish.



It was still alive, so Lance carefully threw it back into the ocean. Can you see it sticking to Lance? So cool!

Wanna see something fun?
Here is Cole, exactly 6 months old at the beach.

And here is Jude, about 8 months old at the same beach:
Do they look similar or what?

Last time we were here, Jude was the skeptical baby:
...and now he's the big brother showing Cole how much fun the beach can be.

Love it!

Still trying...

Lance had a great time out in the water with the "big kids".

Ah. Here's why you never really see me in any pictures. I'm usually the one taking them.


See how clear the water is? This is Lance out in the waves.


Being bowled over by a wave.


Lance LOVES the beach! He loves everything about it, from the sand to the water to the sun. He's always been that way. I brought him to Florida for the first time when he was about 9 or 10 months old.

Summer of 2006. If this doesn't show how thrilled he was to be there, I don't know what would. He would have stayed out on the beach all day and all night if I let him and 6 years haven't changed his opinion one bit. If anything, he's even more in love.

Amy and Stephen

Jason and cousin Bethany.


That afternoon, Amy and Stephen and I took the boys to Flagler Ave. to do some souvenir shopping. We went into several shops along the road where Lance picked out a couple tiny whale figurines and Jude picked out a cute stuffed dog. When I asked him what he was going to name his puppy, Jude quickly said, "His name is Steve." Steve? Okay. I thought it was so funny. Looking back, he probably got it from a Phineas and Ferb episode where they name their pet chameleon Steve. What a funny boy! We do love our Phineas and Ferb. :)

While we were out, we got some ice cream. Lance got an ice cream bar with chocolate and Jude got a Spiderman Popsicle.


I'm not sure what Lance is doing here. I think he's thirsty...

Cole liked tasting my mint chocolate chip ice cream.


That evening, we tried to take some nice family pictures but as soon as we got outside, my camera's lens fogged up from the inside and no amount of waiting or wiping would fix it. Bummer. It was super windy, too, which didn't help at all.

Amy did snap a few before the condensation got so bad you couldn't see. It's a little blurry, but it works.

Amy offered to take some with her water-proof camera, but we were all too discouraged and fed up with pictures, so I declined and the boys ran off to do this:


Jude! Come back! You're out too far!




Me being the mean mom and making them come back inside:

Run, run, run!




I was so sad our pictures didn't turn out! Last time we took some great ones:



Oh well. I guess I know now to let my cameras sit outside for a long time before we take the pictures so it doesn't fog from going from a cool temperature out into a warm, humid one. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment