The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pillow pets, ice cream, and bubbles

Life is staying steady for us down in Charlottesville while we anxiously wait for our newest addition to arrive. Nothing really to write home about, but sometimes it's the everyday things that turn into the best memories.

One night Lance, Killian, Kendall and Jude decided to bring out all their pillow pets and take a picture. They have quite the collection!
My kids are so lucky the Elmers live next door. Really, not a day goes by that we don't see/play/hang out with them and Jude never misses a chance to go over "for just a minute" to say hi to his favorite person ever--Jayden. I guess if someone let me play with their big boy skateboards and fed me all kinds of amazing treats like popsicles, they would be my favorite person, too.


I recently signed Lance up for an indoor soccer league that he could actually attend because the practices are on Mondays, not Saturdays when he's often out of town. He wasn't too excited about it, though, so to try and make it special and fun he and I went on a little date after the first practice and got ice cream at Ben and Jerry's.
He's still a little wary about soccer and is always telling me he doesn't want to go, but once he gets there, his attitude is better and he actually enjoys himself (not that he will admit it). Stinker. I'm tempted to just pull him out, but then I remember what my brother told me about wishing he was forced to play sports when he was a kid. So Lance, you can thank Uncle Chad you're still going. You'll be glad in the long run, I promise.


The other night, just to mix things up, I turned the water blue in our tub and gave the kids a bubble bath using A LOT of bubble mix. They thought it was fantastic!
I just like Lance's eyes peeking out of the bubbles here.

Jude's listening to the bubbles pop... not really sure what Lance is doing. Is he eating the bubbles?

Silly boy. I wish you could see the blue water, but in the pictures it gets faded out. Food coloring does the trick and washes out perfectly!

Crazy boys!

As for the pregnancy, I'm plugging along. People keep telling me I look small for being 9 months pregnant, but I feel like a whale. I am ready to be done, but I'm not feeling like anything is eminent, so we'll just take it one day at a time. I'm anxious for this little guy to get here, but I guess he's decided to wait a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Can't wait to hear the news of my newest nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete