I did get up this morning at 6 a.m. after a patchy night to try to cuddle Jude back to sleep. It worked for about 15 minutes before he climbed in bed with me and George and proceeded to talk to us until it was time to get Lance up for the bus 20 minutes later.
I did get both kids ready and fed before the bus came, then coats and shoes on and up to say good-bye to Lance on his way to school.
I did sit on the couch with Jude for a bit this morning and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, his favorite obsession.
I did sweep and spot-mop my floor after doing the breakfast dishes.
I did go walk Rockne (the black lab we walk) for 30 minutes while pushing Jude in the stroller. I must have been on a mission because I had to extend the distance of the walk since we finished our normal route 5 minutes too early.
I did feed Jude lunch in the car on the way to Walmart after walking the dog so I could pick up Lance's school Valentines and a few other household essentials before Jude's nap.
I did do two loads of laundry, folded them and put them away.
I did scrub down the bathroom before putting back the clean bath mats.
I did get out the play dough for Lance, Jude, Killian and Kendall to play with, and then did another sweeping after they were done to get up all the dry bits that fell.
I did vacuum all the rooms in the house, minus the computer room.
I did take Lance to soccer practice after school. Jude came along (George was working all day on a research paper with his mentor on campus) and I ran around with him and a little soccer ball while trying to keep him from joining the big kids during practice. I was sweaty by the end.
I did come home and make dinner for the kids and myself (George was still gone) and then washed the dishes while the kids played.
I did do Family Home Evening after George got home. We learned about where we come from and why we are here on earth and why it is important to help each other learn and grow while we are here. We had warmed-up left-over brownies and vanilla ice cream as a special treat afterwards.
I did get the kids in the jammies, read them some stories, and then George brushed their teeth and put them to bed.
What I did NOT do today:
I did not have a baby today.
Today is my official due date and we are yet empty-handed. I am having more contractions, but they are irregular and not near strong enough to be doing much. It's hard to be patient when these last few days seem to have dragged on fooorevvvver and every day I make preparations (like cleaning the house, making sure my bag is packed, etc) just in case we go to the hospital. I have to keep reminding myself to enjoy this last little bit. My favorite part of pregnancy? I think it would be feeling the baby move. Honestly, with Lance and Jude I almost felt lonely once they were out and I no longer had constant movement reminding me I was never alone. It is what I will miss most.
Carry on, soldier! Chin up! He can't stay in forever and one way or another, we'll have our precious baby boy in our arms before we know it. I can't wait!
If it makes you feel any better, you get more done in a single day than I do in about 3--I'm such a slacker! :-)) I'm thinking of you, and keeping you in my prayers that your little one arrives safely and soon! Take care!! ~♥~
ReplyDelete