The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Still pregnant...

Yep, I'm sitting here at 39 weeks and 3 days still pregnant. Dang it! Lance and Jude both came a few days early, so I was convinced this would happen with this one, too.

I was super hopeful yesterday would be the day (doesn't February 1st sound like a nice date?), but it didn't happen. Not for lack of trying, though!

 Tuesday I spent the day running around and spending time with these two boys (Lance was at school). It was beautiful outside, so we made the best of it.
Jude has recently taken to swinging on the "big boy" swing and thought it was fabulous that Daddy got to swing with him. Usually, it's just boring Mommy.

Swinging together. :)

Love this.

Afterwards, we waited for the school bus to bring Lance home. While we waited, Jude and George climbed the tree in front of our building.
Can you see him way up there? No?

There he is! You can't really tell, but he was up about 2 1/2 stories in that tree.

Jude perched for a while, too. Don't worry, George was right there next to him.

The kids came home from school and we had about 9 kids in our house playing and doing play dough. I wish I had a picture, but I was too busy chatting with my good friends Jamie, Allison, and Melissa while the kids had fun. Have I told you how much I LOVE living in family housing?

Tuesday night, I had some friends over to learn how to make and decorate my sugar cookies and we turned it into a clothing exchange, too.

I think there were 10 of us all together that came by.  It was a lot of fun! These girls are very creative--their cookies looked amazing!

We've all been trying to organize and get rid of stuff, so it was fun to have everyone bring their clothes over and swap before we dropped the rest of it off at Goodwill. I wish I had a picture of everyone together, but what can you do? It was a fun night!

I was hoping such a busy Tuesday would push me over the edge, but Wednesday (Feb 1st) rolled around and found me waking up still in my own bed. I was convinced Wednesday would be the day, though, so I spent the morning sweeping and mopping and cleaning and doing laundry to get the house ready should visitors be arriving later (and to give me something to do). 

Jude and I went to playgroup while George walked Rockne (that dog we walk twice a week), and then at 2:30 the moment of truth arrived! I went to my 39 week dr's appt, only to be told I was still about 3 cm dilated. 

What? I had been daydreaming that I would get there, be at a 4 or 5, they'd strip my membranes and I'd go into labor within an hour or two--just enough time to grab my bag at home and call the family--and then would deliver sometime that night. 

Nope. They did strip my membranes and I drove home a little crampy but nothing too exciting. I played outside with the kids when Lance came home from school, ran the extra clothes from the night before to Goodwill with George, and (to try to get things moving a bit) we took a family field trip and walked to Chipotle for dinner.

 George was good to take the picture so I could be in it. It was a lot of fun and the boys enjoyed running around in the 60 degree weather. Yes, that's right--yesterday it was in the 60's and 70's! On February 1st! Crazy! The walk didn't really do much, though, and we spent the next hour or so at the Elmer's visiting and teaching Lance how to play Othello.

I went to bed last night with a few contractions here and there but nothing that strong. I woke up this morning exhausted, though, because Jude decided it would be a good idea to NOT sleep between about 12:45 and 3:00 a.m. He's been struggling lately to stay asleep at night (maybe it's the transitioning to a big bed) and it's really taking a toll on the rest of us that can't sleep because he's either talking loud or crying. Ugh. Hopefully this is a short phase and he will once again be sleeping like a babe through the night. 

Stay tuned for baby updates! I'm hoping he'll be showing up any day now, but honestly, I have a sneaky suspicion it's still a few days away at least. I hope I'm wrong. I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment