The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day was special this year for a few reasons:

This was Lance's first year to take Valentines to school! He was pretty excited to put them together.
I saw this cute idea online and decided to copy it. I found some little foam airplanes online for a good deal, so we attached on to each Valentine. Lance liked being able to pick which airplane each person received.

When Lance came home from school, this was waiting on the table for him and Jude.
The boys got Valentines from Grandma and Aunt Amy and also from their friends here in Family Housing. They thought it was pretty special.

Since Cole was born only 6 days earlier, George and I had agreed to celebrate Valentine's Day another time by going out to a favorite restaurant of ours, so I thought I was in the clear. Apparently George had other plans. I didn't even have a card for him and what did he do?
 
First, he made us an amazing homemade dinner.


Pine-nut encrusted halibut over cauliflower mash with broccolini and home-made Bearnaise sauce. Incredible!

Then we finished the dinner with a low-carb tiramisu cake George made from scratch. (He's on a low- to no-carb diet right now.)

Lance took this picture of us. :) Thanks, Lance!

He even got me a gift! I felt so loved that he took the time to make it a special day, even though we are still planning to celebrate another time. I am the luckiest girl! 

I love you, George Glass. Thank you for being so good to me. I couldn't ask for a better husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment