The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, June 9, 2016

They're free!

Yes! June 7th marked the last day of school for Lance and Jude. It will be nice to have everyone home again during the day.

Cole, Lily and I drove to the school to drop off cookies for the boys' classes and to take a couple pictures with the teachers.

Mrs. Sesler and Mrs. Coleman. 
Jude had a great year with these two. Mrs. Coleman is a seasoned Kindergarten teacher and it shows. She's kind and sweet, but knows how to get things done with 16 five and six-year-olds. That is one skill that alludes me--I can't even get one six-year-old to follow directions sometimes!

Cole and Lily were very good while we waited to take pictures and traipsed about the school. 
I'm sure the Cheez-its helped.


Lance with Mr. Handler.


Mrs. Asher
I was very impressed with Lance's teachers as well. Both managed to combine "fun" and "no-nonsense" in a perfect recipe for respect. Lance had a good year and has grown in many ways, especially socially. I was excited to see him interact with the other kids effortlessly--something that has been a struggle for him in the past due to shyness.


Last bus ride home!


Can you tell these boys are excited for summer vacation?



The bus stop tree. I'm impressed this little tree has held up so well. It's right by the bus stop and provides lots of entertainment for the all the kids, before and after drop-off.

And it wouldn't be the last day of school without some sweet milk! This is a tradition started by my grandma for her kids, continued with my mom while I was growing up and I'm keeping the tradition alive!

Unfortunately, Lily is the only one who really likes it. All the other kids try it, but Lily LOVES it. When she first tried it, she asked "Is it ice cream?" Well, kind of.

Checking out the "Jungle bees" in our lavender bushes. She and Cole love to come out and watch the bees flying around "drinking flower nectar". Thanks, "Wild Kratts", for helping my kids stay interested in animals and insects!

Welcome, welcome summer vacation! I anticipate this summer will be a bit slow with a new baby, but it will be wonderful to have all the kids together during the day. Speaking of babies, still not making much progress in that respect. I'm measuring right on, but she's still high, so I don't think she's coming anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment