The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Ending the school year with a splash!

I remember being in elementary school when I was kid. The last couple weeks were the BEST! Parties, movies, longer recesses, and very little work. A perfect way to ring in the summer.

This apparently remains true today. As the school year started winding down, the number of fun activities increased.

I was lucky enough to be able to attend part of Field Day for Jude and Lance. When I was in school, Field Day was a series of races and kids were awarded ribbons. Field Day for the kids at Cale didn't have any races, but there was no shortage of fun activities. A firetruck spraying the kids was the biggest hit of all. Even Cole and Lily were allowed to play!


Lance having fun with some classmates:




Jude!





The other stations all had games the kids could play, several of them involving water (a good thing since it was SO hot!).


High jump!

Lance was having so much fun, he even declined a ride home after Field day, opting instead to finish out the rest of the school day with his classmates. A pretty big deal for Lance!



The rain from May continued, much to my dismay and the kids' delight. They had a great time playing in the rain and mud.


Jude was invited to a Birthday party for his buddy Jameson. They held it at the local SPCA and instead of gifts for the Birthday boy, they requested we bring donations for the animals. 
Jude kicked me out of the party. To be fair, I asked him if he wanted me to stay or go and he chose go. I'll admit I was a little sad my boy didn't want me to stay, but I can understand. Sometimes it's nice to play with your friends without the critical eyes of your mother watching your ever move. ;)


Finally, we were invited to an end-of-the-year party in Jude's classroom! They had pizza for everyone and cupcakes. It's always fun to visit the kiddos in their class. So glad George got to attend, too!

Cupcakes!

I can't believe the school year is almost over! Bring on the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment