The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Saturday, June 11, 2016

A trip to Kings Dominion

What do you do when you're 8 days from your due date?

Go to Kings Dominion, of course!

Tyler and Laura found some half-priced tickets, so we decided to tag along. Thank goodness for Amy, Stephen, and Jason because Laura and I were both husband-less. Amy was so nice and drove with me in the van (just in case I went into labor!).

Ready to have fun!


It has been 15 years since I went to Kings Dominion, so it was all new to me. Being pregnant and with a couple little people who can ride the big rides really isn't ideal, but we made it work.

Laura with Austin and Grant

Cole and Lily. Cole was very excited he got to ride the blue horse.




While the adults and big kids rode a coaster, Laura and I took the kids on the ferris wheel. 

The kids thought it was fun, but it only went around twice... I was expecting a little more bang for my buck!

Mason with Laura on a coaster:
Jude rode this one too, but tagged along with a couple other random adults since I had to wait with the little kids.


Food was tough! I can't hide my preference for Busch Gardens--lots of place to buy food and drinks, rides for little ones next to the big coasters--it's just better for families with kids. We finally found a Chic-fil-a and got the kids some nuggets. Super over priced and I totally lost my cool with the kids several times while we waited in a hot, long line.



It was getting hot, so we ran over to the waterpark side! The kids thought this was great!







It was a great way to cool off and spend a few hours doing something everyone could enjoy.

Sharing Uncle Jason's fries helped, too. :)

Thank goodness for Lance! He was a really big help!

The little kids and I ran over to the kiddie area with Laura and her boys while Lance and Jude hung out with Jason, Stephen, and Amy. We had a fun time riding all the little attractions. 

LOVE both these boys' faces!









Cousin love!


This was Cole's favorite ride of the day! We found a little train and he even got to sit in the conductor's seat!

Jason came to help Laura's kids while she took Mason on a couple coasters.

Swings!



Train again

Cute baby Austin. He thought these leaves were fun!


So what did Lance and Jude do while I was with the littles?

Bumper cars!





Coasters!






We ended the day with a trip on the Berserker for Jude while Lance caught one last coaster.

And of course we had to get a bag of candy for the car ride home.

Lance and Jude both got these huge candy rocks.

Jude clearly enjoyed his. a tri Yum!

Thank goodness for Amy! She was such a big help! Part of me was hoping after a long day of heat, dehydration, and walking I'd go into labor, but it didn't happen. This little baby is just content to keep cooking.

I feel like a ticking time bomb...

No comments:

Post a Comment