The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, June 20, 2016

A Birthday and a Surprise!

June 18th rolled around and nothing. It was my due date and at my last check, I hadn't made any progress toward delivering. She was still high and there were no indications that this baby would come in the next few days, so I did something foolish. Very foolish.

I packed the kids up, loaded them in the car, and drove to Ashburn to celebrate Bryce's Birthday.

I figured it was only two hours away and since this baby wasn't going to come today, we might as well go up to celebrate the Birthday and stay the following day to celebrate Father's Day with George and his dad. George was working and was planning on driving up after his shift was over that night after the Birthday party. Lance was spending the weekend with his dad.


We went straight to the Scholz where they had a huge waterslide set up.

The kids had a blast!

(Although my kids had to be reminded multiple times not to climb the slide and to go down one at a time. Apparently this was hard for them.)



Lily usually LOVES the water, but for some reason was being shy, so Callie and her friend helped her down. They were really sweet and patient with her.

Most of the group!

Lily loves Bryce!

She came over and sat next to him while he was warming up on the sidewalk. So cute!

Yes! Pizza! This boy could live on pizza (and on the days we go to Costco, he does).


Happy Birthday, Bryce! 10 years old!




After all the friends left, we stayed for dinner and got to see Tangie and Wei-yu with little Téa. They came into town to do some shopping and came over to say hello.

Dinner time with cousins!


After dinner, we ran over to George's parent's house and got the kids ready for bed. George finally arrived around 9 p.m. after a long shift at Culpeper.

Around 11 p.m., right when I was ready to climb into bed, I finally accepted the truth I had been denying for the last couple hours while wrestling children.

I was in labor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment