Thursday morning started like this again:
It seems like we do this a lot now that George leaves for the hospital at 4:00 a.m. every morning. Somehow the boys find their way into our queen-sized bed and we lounge around until 7:30 or 8:00 (or later, depending on how tired we are) until we're all hungry for breakfast. Poor George. He's doing his Plastic Surgery rotation and it's been pretty ridiculous--waking up at 3:30 every morning and being gone until 6 or later every night. We miss him a lot and are glad he only has a few more days until he moves on to his Internal Medicine rotation. While it will be difficult and long, it will be a break from the rigors of the past two weeks.
After walking Rockney (the black lab we walk during the week), the boys and I jumped in the car and drove up to Lance's dad's house so Lance could spend Father's Day weekend with his dad. Jude and I then met my sister Amy at Tyson's Corner where we spent entirely too much money on stuff we didn't need. (That seems to happen a lot when I go to the mall.) It was fun to see her and spend a few hours having fun and walking around.
Friday morning we spent playing with my mom's dog Vera. She's the best dog ever and so gentle with Jude. She'll bring her toy over to Jude and love on him while he plays with her toy. Yeah, it's not terribly sanitary, but it's cute and I caught a few of these exchanges on camera:
Kinda gross, but cute... it's good for his immune system! :) We love Vera.
I got to see Lance again on Friday while his dad was at work, so we spend the afternoon with Callie and Bryce. Lance absolutely adores his cousins and we find ourselves over there a lot during the day.
George thought he would have to work all day Friday and wouldn't be able to come up until Saturday, but as luck would have it, he got off around noon on Friday because they had a guest doctor come and everyone was entertaining him so the students had the afternoon off. Yay! I had to take Lance back to his dad, but he got to see DaddyG before he left. George and I had a good time going to dinner with George's family and just being together that night.
Saturday was Bryce's 4th Birthday at "Pump it Up"! Lance's dad was able to bring him to the party, so for about an hour Lance, Jude, George, and I got to play on these fun inflatable slides and obstacle courses. It was a blast!
Bryce--the Birthday boy!
Lance having a blast!
Even Jude got into the fun :)
Jude and Dad going down the slide
King of the Hill!
Callie
The Birthday group
Lance and Bryce after cake!
We had a great time! Lance was sad to leave (I hate doing this back and forth thing... it's hard on everyone).
After the party, we went shopping at Costco and that evening we had dinner at Nagoya's in Ashburn. It's a hibachi restaurant where they make your meal in front of you. It's by far my favorite restaurant! Their sushi is incredible, too. If you ever visit, get their Las Vegas roll and the Tres Amigos. You will not be disappointed!
(From the Left) George, Sue-Lon (George's mom), George (his dad), Callie, Eric (Callie's dad), Allen (George's brother), Der (cousin), and Bryce
Sunday was a nice day. George was able to make it back up for the rest of the day, so after Church Jude and I met him at his parent's house for a BBQ.
The only one missing is Lance. :(
Three generations!
So, I didn't have George's gift finished (or even close), but I told him what I was doing. George and I made this fun picture for my brother Chad at Christmas. We took several pictures of things or places in New York and cropped them so that each picture stood for a letter in the words "New York" and then had it matted and framed. It looked neat, so I thought it would be fun to do one for George and spell out "Virginia" for University of Virginia. I've gotten a few pictures so far, but this is the best one... can you tell what letter it's going to be?
Jude is getting so close to crawling. While we were at George's parent's house he was showing off his new ability to get anywhere he wants to go.
After the BBQ, we headed over to my mom's house for dinner with my family. It was Glenn's first Father's Day. Mom made him a special dinner (he asked for meatloaf...) and then we watched him open a few gifts. It was really nice.
Grandma and Jude
I was sad Lance couldn't be with us. George had to leave right after celebrating with my family so he could get some sleep before going in to the hospital on Monday. Jude and I had to stay because Lance was coming home in the morning and we figured he could ride down with us.
It was a great weekend! I know I posted this picture before, but I think it's too cute not to put here, too.







ahh the pictures of jude and vera are awesome!!
ReplyDeleteIs the Vegas roll the one that is lightly battered and fried on the outside?
ReplyDeleteOh, good pictures :)
Hi Heather, Thanks for your blog address! I actually got the message you sent a couple weeks ago, I'm just really bad at replying and commenting. :) But, I did look through your blog. Look likes you're having fun in Virginia, enjoying the med student wife life! Does George know what he wants to go into yet? Lance is so grown up now, and Jude is a little cutie! It will be great to keep in touch!
ReplyDelete