The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm the only one awake, and it's only 9:15 p.m.

George came home from his Plastic Surgery rotation today dragging. He went upstairs after dinner to lay down for about 20 minutes and he has yet to come out. I think he's gone for the night. Lance and Jude are also in bed asleep, so it's just me. The funny thing? I'm sitting at the computer totally at a loss for something to do. So, I decided to tell you about our day.

Started out well. This week I started a new exercise routine and I'm supposed to get up at 6 every morning to do P90X, but of course I fell back asleep after George left at 5:30 for his clinic responsibilities and didn't wake up until 7:30 when Jude AND Lance woke up at the same time. I tried to do it anyway with the boys awake. Mildly successful, although I only got about 25 minutes into the Plyometrics DVD (less than half-way). Honestly, I was glad Lance was hungry and Jude wanted to be held because I was completely wasted, even without finishing. Understandable, I guess, seeing as I haven't really exercised "for real" since last March. It can only get better from here and I'm excited to be doing this program!

After Jude's morning nap we packed up a lunch and our camera and headed over to "The Lawn" on the UVa's campus to have a picnic and take pictures in front of the Rotunda. The picnic was fun, but we postponed our pictures because apparently the pillars on the Rotunda are crumbling and now have these black coverings on the top.



"The Lawn" is really a neat place. Historically it is significant for many reasons, one of them being Edgar Allen Poe used to reside in one of the rooms right on the Lawn. There are several one-room "apartments" running along each side of the lawn that students are allowed to live in, but the application process is rigorous. (The one where Poe lived is on display and not inhabitable.) It's an honor to be chosen to live there. I think it would be hard to live there because you have to leave your room and go outside to get to the shared bathrooms/showers and you can't cook anything in your room because there is no kitchen. They are probably about 10' by 8' each, so pretty much a bed and some closet space. I guess it would be neat to live there for a period of time, just to say you did it. And the lawn is really pretty, so it has it's draws. This is Lance standing on the walkway in front of these rooms:



After our picnic, we picked up a "Virginia" t-shirt for Lance and then walked back to our car that was parked in a lot next to the railroad tracks. Lance wasn't really in the mood to take pictures, but I thought this one looked pretty good:



You can't even tell the tracks run right through downtown Charlottesville and we're right next to several buildings.

The afternoon was filled with Legos and water balloons again. Dinner was Lance's pick--homemade pizza where I cut off some of the dough (yes, we used the rolled up kind from the tube) and Lance rolled out a personal pizza all his own. It's the small things... :)

After dinner we played with Legos again and then Jude took a bath. He LOVES water! I'm not sure if it's taboo to post pictures of a 5 month old baby playing in the tub, but they're pretty PG, so I think I'm okay.







I put about an inch of water in the tub and Jude swims from one end to the other again and again. Bath time is a favorite and a great way to wear him out for bed.

Story time followed. Lance and I read about 7 or 8 books before it was bedtime. It was really nice to just sit down and read together. Jude was already in bed, so it was one-on-one time with Lance. We don't get it that often, so it was a treat. I laid next to him as he fell asleep just chatting and rubbing his back. Priceless.

Now it's my turn. Off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I think Jude is looking more and more like you! But still a lot like George too! I love these pics and updates!

    ReplyDelete