Happy Father's Day, George!
I guess I could say this is your first "official" Father's Day, but honestly, that would be a lie. Yes, Jude was born this year and he is the only child that carries your genes so far. However, he is not the only child you father and, in my opinion, this is really your second Father's Day since we were married October of 2008.
You have truly gone above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to our family. I couldn't have asked for a better man to parent our children or a more amazing husband. In that vein, today on Father's Day, here are 10 things (in no particular order) I absolutely love about you and the father you are:
1. I love how gentle you are with Lance when he is sad or hurt. I am more inclined to give him a hug and send him on his way, but you will sit with him and cuddle and do everything in your power to take the hurt away or bring a smile to his face. I know Lance can tell how much you care and he trusts you to make things better.
2. I love that you will come home and immediately greet me and the boys with a smile and a hug. Even when you're exhausted from the long day of study or work, you still find the energy to make sure we know how much you love us.
3. I love that you treat Lance like your own son. It can be hard, but I love that you are so kind and accepting. It is more than I could have ever hoped for.
4. I love that you will play video games with Lance, even when there are more exciting things you could be doing. I offer to play with him, but he prefers you.
5. I love that you are patient. Lance climbs all over you, sits in your lap while you're trying to do your work on the computer, asks you a million questions, and frequently makes messes. Jude spits up, cries, and wants to be held. No matter what it is, you greet each challenge with a smile and I've never seen you take out your frustration on me or the kids. You're amazing.
6. I love that Lance loves you and wants to be with you. I love that he misses you when you're not home and is so excited to see you when work is done. He can't get enough of you and that speak volumes about your relationship.
7. I love that you will pick up Jude, look at him, and then turn to me and say, "I love this kid." Me, too.
8. I love that I get to co-parent with you. I know I am a better mother because of you and your example.
9. I love how wonderful it is to watch you interact with the boys. There is just something about seeing you loving on them and playing that makes me love you more every day.
10. I love that although our time to go on dates or do things alone as adults has decreased to almost nil, you have never been resentful nor regretted our decision to bring children into our family.
Thank you, George, for being such a wonderful father. I love that you are a great example to our children. You are kind and gentle, funny, hard-working, driven, and willing to make sacrifices for what you feel is important. I am so grateful that our children have you to look to as they grow and attempt to navigate the roads of life. I really cannot think of a better thing than for our children to become like you.
I love you.




Two beautiful and touching tributes to the Dad's in your life Heather!! I have good memories of your Dad and your family--One was a last minute dinner invitation from your Mom where the missionaries were coming and your Dad had taken everyone to the kite flying festival at the Washington Monument & hadn't gotten home and the Elders were standing on the porch--He (eventually) came home with everyone, and I remember how happy everyone was and what a good time it had been! He was (is) a very kind man and I know he's proud of you! I also know how you are missing him--I have now lost both my parents and that ache at their not being part of our lives, never goes away. But they do live on in our hearts and our memories, and nothing can ever change that or take that away from us. ~Kim~
ReplyDeleteYay George!
ReplyDelete