
...wondering where he is and when he'll be home. The boys miss him, too. Every morning when Lance gets up, he asks where DaddyG is and then, when I tell him he's at work, he makes some comment about how his always gone now and why does he have to work so much? I know, son. I miss him, too.
This past week we did get to see more of George, but it was because he was super sick. We spent a while Wednesday morning with him at the Student Health Center trying to figure out why he was so sick. The never really did decide what it was, but treated him for possible tick-borne illnesses. George was pretty miserable and stayed in bed most of Wednesday and Thursday. He finally started to feel better by Friday and has been improving daily, but even today (almost a week later), he's still really tired and not feeling 100%. He's a really good sport, though, and tries to help out with the kids and play with them when he gets home from work. He's amazing and I can't help but love him more and more with each passing day.
This past Thursday, we did a little graduation for the kids in our preschool! A pretty simple affair with paper hats and cupcakes, but the kids were so proud to stand there and receive their "diplomas".
Kendall, Killian, Sara, Ethan, and Lance (Audrey already moved)

We spent a couple hours at the park that day with the kids, putting together books about each child (hand and foot prints, different art projects they did throughout the year, info about each child, etc) while the kiddies played. It's a sprinkler park and they all had a blast running in and out of the water.
Lance, Killian, and Sara
Kendall, Sara, Killian, and Lance
Jude has been enjoying the water more and more and seems pretty non-phased about the sprinklers shooting water at him. He did a great job splashing and playing, but enjoyed resting in the shade as well.
Lance and Jude just love each other and enjoy doing things together. Lance loves trying to pick him up or teach him new things like how to crawl. Jude thinks it's all just hysterical and never laughs harder than when he's interacting with Lance.

What a good big brother, helping you to stand!

After the graduation, the boys and I went to walk Rockney, the black lab we walk about twice a week. His mom is a resident at the hospital and his dad works in Richmond as a lawyer, so we take him on a 30 minute walk during the week whenever they need us to. Lance loves dogs, so this is usually a pretty fun thing for us. Rockney is still a puppy, but he's a great dog. Totally calm and nice, well-behaved and easy to walk. So easy, in fact, that Lance can hold the leash!

As you can tell, he tolerates being loved on by a very energetic little boy and seems to love every second of it. We've really enjoyed walking him this summer. Lance keeps asking for a dog and we've decided we'll probably get one when George starts his residency.
Friday was a fun day. Lance and I got this huge container full of water balloons at Walmart, so we spent a good portion of the afternoon while Jude was napping filling up our balloons and squirting them at each other. We did fill up several to throw, but most of the water ended up on the ground instead of on each other, so we opted for the fill and squirt method. Much more effective.
Jude has been eating a lot more solid foods now and we usually feed him a little container of yummy baby puree at each meal. I'm still nursing him around the clock, but it just doesn't seem to fill him up enough to last for the next feeding. Jude absolutely LOVES food! If you're eating anything, he will squawk like a baby velociraptor until he has something in his mouth, too. What a stinker! He'll eat anything and everything, too, as long as it's soft enough to slurp down. Lance wanted to help feed him Friday afternoon, so I snapped a few pictures. Jude was laughing to hard to really eat and most of it ended up on his bib, but Lance did a good job.
He kept saying, "Jude! Food! Yum! Squash... your favorite!" You know, all the things George and I say when we feed Jude. Just goes to show you: children watch your every move and will imitate everything you do.

Jude thought it was a riot!
Saturday morning we headed over to a friend's house to say good-bye to a family in our ward that is moving away. They've been great friends and we're really going to miss them. Kevin Hughes is an anesthesiologist and just got a fellowship in Boston, so they're on their way this week. I absolutely love this family--happy, kind, always willing to help, and as fun as can be. They will be missed!
Kevin and Jessica Hughes
George and I had been wanting to see the Shrek movie for a while (we saw the very first Shrek movie in High School together) so we called around but no one could babysit on a Saturday night. So, we decided to take the boys.
George was concerned that people would be upset with a baby in the room, but Jude did a great job and the theater was mostly empty anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. Lance kept asking why we were watching this movie and even though he said he didn't like it, the movie sure kept is attention and I heard him laugh out loud throughout, so I think he had a great time. George and I both thought the movie was funny and worth seeing--definitely not as good as the first, but not as bad as the third. After the movie, we all went out and got ice cream and ate it outside. It was a perfect summer evening. On the car ride home, both boys fell asleep and had to be carried to bed. No one got their teeth brushed that night, but in the broad scheme of things, who cares? It was a great day and the best part was we were together as a family.
Sunday was another nice day at Church. George had a meeting after our 3-hour block, so the boys and I sat outside in the shade and talked about what Lance learned in Primary and what we should get his dad and DaddyG for Father's Day. It was nice to just sit and relax.
This morning, this is what met me when I crawled out of bed:
Good morning! I can't imagine a better thing to wake up to. Yes, Jude is currently sleeping in the pack-n-play, but that will change as soon as we move to our new apartment in a month or two. I've been holding out on the crib because I don't want to put it together only to take it down again. Jude doesn't seem to mind.
It was a good week... looking forward to another!
No comments:
Post a Comment