Friday, our last full day in Florida, started out right with 10 mile bike ride for Mom, Jason, and Stephen...
...a walk for Grandma and Aunt Linda...
...and a 5 mile run for me.
Mom and the boys biked to the jetty and back, stopping to eat some breakfast at Flagler.
New Smyrna Beach lighthouse!
The jetty is where all the shark bikes happen. It is a perfect place for schools of small fish and is also where all the surfers go to catch waves, so, you know, it was bound to happen.
Do not swim at the jetty.
Breakfast at the Beacon.
"I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars..."

On their ride back to the condo, they ran into me and mom snapped a picture.
Almost there!
The rest of the morning was spent lounging around the condo. I think maybe the newness had worn off the the lure of the beach wasn't quite as strong.
By afternoon I was worried our chance to play would pass us by, so I shooed the kids out the door to the pool.
...a walk for Grandma and Aunt Linda...
...and a 5 mile run for me.
Mom and the boys biked to the jetty and back, stopping to eat some breakfast at Flagler.
New Smyrna Beach lighthouse!
The jetty is where all the shark bikes happen. It is a perfect place for schools of small fish and is also where all the surfers go to catch waves, so, you know, it was bound to happen.
Do not swim at the jetty.
Breakfast at the Beacon.
"I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars..."

On their ride back to the condo, they ran into me and mom snapped a picture.
Almost there!
The rest of the morning was spent lounging around the condo. I think maybe the newness had worn off the the lure of the beach wasn't quite as strong.
By afternoon I was worried our chance to play would pass us by, so I shooed the kids out the door to the pool.
It was another family's last day there as well and they shared their popsicles with the kids. Nothing better than popsicles at the pool.
Lily definitely agrees.
Lily had decided the water was the best thing ever and chose today to be a little daredevil and jump in. All by herself. In fact, I had a hard time catching her, as I would set her up on the step only to have her step right back in, whether I was looking or not. It was so, so cute.
She didn't mind going under the water, either. I love that this little girl is such a fire-y little thing.
Cole, on the other hand, loved the waves, but not the pool. Let me rephrase that. He loved being in the water and going at his own pace, but refused to jump in or put his face under the water. Salt water waves splashing over his head is no problem, but a little calm, clear water in his face? No way!
My three boys!
After the pool, we went down to enjoy the beach one last time. Cole found this little boat and played with it the entire time we were at the beach that day.
I know there are a million pictures of Lily, but I love every one--each little face she makes is just so her.
This poor guy was still sick and he medicine had worn off, so he wasn't really in the playing mood.
Handsome guy.
Lance loves being buried. Jude and Cole saw him and asked to be buried too.
Lily saw me trying to bury the boys and insisted on sitting in the hole I was digging for Cole.
Hooray for Grandma! She was so nice to come with us and help with the kids.
Brothers
Ha! Nice photobombing.
Caught!
Aunt Linda!
Out for a swim with the big kids.
That night, we ended our vacation in proper form with crazy cinnamon roll monkey bread, caramel apples and another visit from our cousin Josh, his two boys and Aunt Dawn and Uncle Tubby.
We were so sad to say good-bye to Florida and all our family, but looking forward to being with George again.
The next day we flew home in the morning, were picked up from the airport by George's dad and made it back to Charlottesville just in time mow the lawn and tidy the house, ready for George's Residency Graduation the following day!
We were so sad to say good-bye to Florida and all our family, but looking forward to being with George again.
The next day we flew home in the morning, were picked up from the airport by George's dad and made it back to Charlottesville just in time mow the lawn and tidy the house, ready for George's Residency Graduation the following day!






















No comments:
Post a Comment