The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, June 8, 2015

Florida Day 3--lizards and biscuits

Today was Sunday. Lily and Cole were still feeling a bit under the weather, but we loaded up anyway and went to church at 9 that morning, actually making it in time to finish the opening song--a record for my family.

I had planned to leave after Sacrament Meeting, but today was Fast and Testimony meeting and the Bishop had encouraged the ENTIRE congregation to stand and bear their testimony. The meeting lasted 2 1/2 hours! The kids did a fantastic job for such a long meeting. Afterwards, we ran back to the condo to change clothes then drove over to Grandma's house for a late lunch.

I remember as a kid hunting the endless lizards that lived at Grandma's house and spending hours looking for them along the fences and in the holes in brick walls. As soon as I mentioned this to the boys, they were immediately off on their own lizard hunt that lasted the entire time we were there.
I really don't think Jude ever stopped.




Uncle Tyler managed to catch a lizard and the kids had a good time passing the poor guy around.




Ow!




(You can see Josh smiling in the background. All the Brewer cousins came to visit too! It was so good to see them! Even Valerie and Bryan came from two hours away to spend some time with us.)

Jude wanted to hold his own lizard and passed on this one.

He did find a crab spider, though, and showed it to me. Kinda creepy looking.

Still looking...


Lunch was delicious, as only a Grandma-made meal can be. It wouldn't be a proper Southern meal with biscuits!

Poor Cole wasn't feeling great and ended up crashing on the floor in the family room.

While we were there, Uncle Jason taught Lance how to play Cribbage.


After dinner, we ran back to the condo to enjoy the beach before it got dark. Jason brought his "selfie stick" and put it to good use:





(can you see that family in the background laughing?)

Love these beautiful ladies.








This kid just can't keep out of the water. I love it!

Jude and Mason are off!




I admit with the recent increase in shark attacks, I was a bit nervous with Lance out in the water this late into the evening. Luck was on our side, however, and he swam without incident. Whew.






Who knew we'd get a second helping of biscuits today? For some reason, Cole took all his clothes off and refused to put them back on. Stinker. Being sick, the poor guy was having a rough day as it was, so I didn't fight him too hard on it.


Nothin' cuter than a pair of kiddo biscuits. :)



Such a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment