Wednesday was a slower day. I think the late nights and early mornings were catching up with everyone.
My mom found this cute (dead) crab on the beach during her morning run and brought it home for the kids to see. They all had a good time passing it around.
My mom found this cute (dead) crab on the beach during her morning run and brought it home for the kids to see. They all had a good time passing it around.
Lily kept calling it a bug. She LOVES bugs.
Can you believe this crazy lady ran every single morning we were in Florida and by the end of the week she ran the whole 5 miles without stopping. She is amazing!
Most of the adults were going to attend a Temple session later that day. They were going to seal my mom's cousin to her parents. So neat! I wanted to go, but with George at home and no one to watch the kiddos, I decided to stay at the condo with Laura and Tyler and their family.
Lance helped me make pizza monkey bread for lunch so everyone could eat something before they left.
I love having Lance as my buddy. He's becoming such a big helper.
Before everyone left for the temple, we spent an hour or two on the beach. My mom watched Lily so I could be out in the waves with the boys.
Before everyone left for the temple, we spent an hour or two on the beach. My mom watched Lily so I could be out in the waves with the boys.
Aren't Grandmas the best?
Cute little Grant.
Bethany and Lily.
This kid is seriously a fish. He doesn't get out of the water. Ever.
Out with the big kids. The waves weren't quite as large today.
Aunt Linda! She is so, so fun. I'm so glad we were there with her and her girls. She was a huge help with the kids, too.
Aunt Linda, Kailey and Bethany.
My boys!
Tyler and Mason
After the beach and some super yummy pizza monkey bread, the kids and I settled in for an afternoon of movies and rest while the rest of the family set off for the Orlando Temple.
Wish I could have been there!
They were on their way back to the condo in the rain when they were rear-ended at a stoplight by a car that hadn't seen the stopped cars ahead. That car ricochetted across four lanes of traffic before coming to a stop against the brick wall on the other side of the intersection! Luckily no one was seriously injured.
Here's Amy's van after the accident. They were able to drive it back to the condo after the police recorded everything, but they still didn't make it back until around 11 p.m. that night.
While we waited for everyone to come home, Laura's family and mine took a drive to a nearby park and let the kids play for a bit. It was wet, but the view was beautiful.
The kids were glad to get out of the condo after being cooped up all afternoon.
The park is right next to a little cove where Tyler and I saw a few manatees!
We were grateful everyone was okay after the traffic accident and made it back safe and sound. So scary!










No comments:
Post a Comment