I know, I know. I just did a post about our little snow storm a couple weekends ago, but with the weather up in the 70's consistently in the past week and the trees starting to flower, I can't help but think Spring is on it's way.
We've been plugging along here at home, trying to find a good groove while we adjust to having Baby Cole in our family. The boys have been doing a great job and I think Cole gets more hugs and kisses from Jude and Lance than I can count. Jude especially is very loving and will tell me daily, "I love him! I love him!" It warms my heart. Lance has been great with him, too, and will ask to hold him and will love on him when he gets home from school. Love my boys!
Here are some family happenings from the past couple weeks:
Jude has discovered he LOVES to "wash dishes". Anytime I start the water in the kitchen he runs in, pulls out his little stool we keep next to the fridge and will start working away in the sink. Yes, we usually end up with a large puddle somewhere on the floor, but he's happy and it's cute he wants to help.
On this particular day, I decided to clear out all the clean dishes in our rack and then stood back to see what he would do. He proceeded to "wash" all the dishes in the sink and place them one by one onto the drying rack. It was so cute! What a sweetheart of a boy. He really is my little buddy during the day when Lance is at school.
Lance's school had an art display at our local Mall, so George and I went on a date one night to go see it.
I didn't realize they were taking it down the following day until my neighbor told me, hence the trip to the mall without Lance. He was at his dad's house that weekend, so he missed it. Sorry, Lance! Great-looking penguin, though. :)
Jude continues to make us laugh with is bright, silly personality.
George and I couldn't stop laughing one day when George put Cole's little pant on Jude's head. Crazy boys!
We've gotten into a bad habit of watching way too much TV in the mornings while we get ready for the day, so last week (in an attempt to escape the lure of the Disney Channel) I walked with the boys to the Rotunda on The Lawn. It's a little over a mile away so it was a good workout to push both kids in the stroller.
We enjoyed a lunch sitting on the lawn.
Cole decided to wake up and take in the great weather.
We walked around the Rotunda and looked at the pretty trees and buildings on The Lawn.
Cole was a trooper.
And here is the wonderful stroller we got for Christmas from my sister! It's been a huge help carting the kids around and has encouraged me to make excursions on foot to instead of driving. Thanks, Amy!
Cole is starting to wake up a bit more and interact some with us. He's even starting to smile!
He has a sweet personality and is usually content to just hang out in his little seat and take in all the new noises and sights. We love our Baby Cole!
Speaking of babies, Jude has decided he misses being the baby of the family. He'll remind me he's still my baby by doing this:
He climbs into Cole's little rocker, sticks the pacifier in his mouth and makes baby crying noises while he rocks away. Jude, as one of my favorite books says, "as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
A few days ago the JPJ had a Monster Truck show and that Friday they parked one of the monster trucks at the Taco Bell that's just down the hill from us. Our friends told us about it, so when George came home from work we walked down to see what it was all about.
Jude liked the huge tires and kept trying to climb inside.
Lance thought it was neat the car's name was "Grave Digger". He rode his bike while we walked.
And, since it was right there, we got some dinner at Taco Bell.
How did Cole feel about the experience?
I think this speaks for itself.

No comments:
Post a Comment