After fighting Lance tooth and nail to participate in soccer, I think he's finally starting to like it.
He's still doing his indoor soccer league and has one game left for that season, but has since started another league with Killian. He's one of the youngest on his team, but he's making strides and I can already tell a huge improvement in his skills.
Last Saturday was their first game of the season.
Killian throwing in an "out-of-bounds" ball.
Lance with the ball.
He's making friends and seems to be having a good time--quite the relief to his anxious mother who keeps wondering if I'm doing the right thing in making him play.
Killian is very fast and played a great game.
Lance was even starting to be aggressive in trying to get to the ball. Good job, Lance!
It's fun Lance and Killian are playing together because that means we get to sit with the Elmers during the game.
George and Aric had a good time doing a running commentary on the boys' playing.
Jude loved it because he got to share Kendall's popcorn. This kid has a bottomless pit for a stomach.
And of course, Cole just hung out in his little seat, napping his way through all the action and the cheers.
It's not a flattering picture of the coach, but I like the boys together. We love Lance's coach. He's really good with the boys and seems fun, but still pushes them to be better. I couldn't have asked for a better person for Lance to learn soccer from.
The popcorn held Jude for only so long before he had to get up and run around. He wanted to join the big kids out on the field, so in an attempt to distract him, George took him to the neighboring field to kick the ball around.
He had a blast!
I love his little karate moves when he tries to kick the ball.
George tried to teach him how to head-butt the ball. Jude thought it was pretty funny.
It was a great first game! Afterwards, we drove up to Northern Virginia to visit with my Grandma who was in town. It was a busy weekend with Cole's blessing on Sunday and celebrating my Birthday as well as Laura's. Stay tuned for pictures!


No comments:
Post a Comment