You never really appreciate how easy travel is until you get to do it without your kids.
George took a few days off of work so he could stay home with the kiddos and on April 21st, I got to travel (all by myself!!) to Utah to celebrate my brother Stephen's graduation from BYU. Thanks, Love!
The Rockies!
Even though I got two hours of sleep and it took almost 10 hours from start to finish to get to Salt Lake City, it was the easiest trip I've had in a long time. I even got to take a nap on the plane!
I landed a little after noon, ran some errands (Ikea!) and then drove to Provo where I met Jason and Mom at Costco. We had a great time picking out outfits for the baby and getting packing bins for Jason before heading over to "The Chocolate" to get share a kazzuki (basically the most delicious homemade cookie with ice cream on top).
George sent me a couple pictures of the kiddos. He was amazing and braved taking them to the Cale Carnival.
Sno cones!
Pizza, anyone?
Lance got to spend the weekend with his Dad and Abbey.
Watching Star Wars while putting together his Lego set.
After ice cream, I went to the hotel to hug Grandma and Grandpa Allred who were sharing a room with Mom and Glenn, then went to Caleb and Mybree's house. They were gracious enough to host me the two nights I was in town.
We drove over to my cousin Anna's apartment and helped her move that night before calling it a day and going to bed. I. Was. Exhausted.
The next day dawned bright and early. Stephen's Humanities class graduation was at 8:00 a.m. Thankfully Amy and Corinn volunteered to go at 6:30 to save seats. Thanks, guys!
The graduate!
Grandma and Grandpa drove down from Logan the night before so they could attend. They are amazing! It was so good to be with them!
Jason, Mom, and Glenn
Chad and Darnell landed late the previous night as well and were there for the ceremony!
Aunt Linda came, as did our cousins Thomas and Anna.
Graduates filing in...
(Amy has better pictures of Stephen getting his diploma which I will add when I get them!)
It was a very nice ceremony. I enjoyed the speakers who focused on service and seeking out the best in people.
Here he is, all graduated!
Now it's time for pictures!
Aunt Linda with Chad and Darnell
Anna! She just got home from her mission in Sweden and this was the first time I had seen her in at least 6 years.
Stephen and Corinn
Group shot of all the family:
Siblings and mom. The only one we're missing is Laura!
Thomas, Stephen, and Anna
So preggo! Me sporting my 32-week bump.
After pictures, we had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory, per Stephen's request (most likely a shout-out to our Dad who LOVED eating there).
Amy and Corinn had made these crazy eggs full of confetti and used this opportunity to "celebrate" Stephen.
After lunch, I hung out with Chad and Darnell for most of the afternoon. We toured a bit of campus with Jason and then met up with Caleb and Mybree for smoothies before they went out of town on a camping trip.
That evening, we hiked the Y with our family.
Stink bug! I remember these from when I lived in California as a little girl. They are nasty things that make the stink bugs we have in Virginia look nice.
While I was hiking, George called, so we FaceTimed with the kiddos.
It was fun to share the hike with the kids and George, even though we couldn't be together. They were having a great time with Daddy (although I think Daddy needed a break).
Made it to the top!
Even though I've been weight lifting my entire pregnancy, this was harder than I thought it would be.
Oh no! Mom slipped and fell on the way back down.
Haha! I love it when Jason Snapchats.
It was a fun, long day. After the hike, most of us went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner before going to bed.
The next day, I was up by 6 so I could catch my plane back to Virginia by 9 a.m. I didn't get home until after 7 p.m. that night! It had been a great trip, but I was definitely ready to hug my family and get some sleep!
Congratulations, Stephen, on your graduation! I know how hard you've worked these past five years and the effort and time and energy you put into your studies. You are amazing and an inspiration. I'm so grateful to be your sister! Thank you for letting me celebrate your special day with you!

















No comments:
Post a Comment