In Church, I'm in the Primary Presidency which means I get to work with kids ages 18 months to 11 years old during Sunday School. I love it! Most Sundays are the same: we get there late (of course), and listen to Sacrament Meeting over the speakers in the Primary room while I set up chairs and prep for class that day. The kids think this is great because they can draw on the chalk boards while we listen. Okay, while I listen.
"Look! A monorail!"
Cole has started branching out in his drawing. Can you guess what he drew?
It's a conductor! Still train-themed, but not a train!
Jude brought home this sweet journal entry from school one day.
I made Lance read it. He thought it was nice and had a sheepish grin on his face when he was done. It's moments like this that help me believe that these kids really will be good friends. I have been seeing more and more glimmers of that relationship as they get older and it does a mommy's heart good.
These kids.
Partners in crime.
Bubble bath!
I don't think there's a living thing that Lily doesn't love and want to hold. She is convinced this big snake is her "baby" as she calls it, and asks to hold it almost every day.
He's pretty patient with her and doesn't put up much of a fight.
All the kids like the snakes we have.
Now if only we could get Daddy to love them.
This girl makes us laugh every day. She is so full of spit and fire and personality.
Her newest thing is insisting on being "naked" at every possible moment. We've come to a compromise: she can be naked at home with just a diaper, but if we have to get in the car to go somewhere, she has to wear clothes. We usually have to negotiate the clothes selection, too. "See? We'll wear shorts so your legs can still be naked!"
My favorite thing she says right now is "Um, I don't know!" when we ask her a question. She is extremely verbal and will hold full conversations with anyone willing to talk to her. I'm constantly surprised and impressed by what comes out of her mouth and the depth of her understanding. She has the world figured out.
I couldn't possibly love this little girl more.
Relaxing in bed one morning. (The naked thing runs in the family.)
I might, occasionally, let the kids eat dry cereal on my bed and watch Wild Kratts or Phineas and Ferb on Netflix while I get a few more minutes of sleep after the morning school run. And by occasionally I really mean all the time. Don't judge me.
Any night when Daddy is home is special. I love listening to him read stories to the kids and hearing their laughter. Nothing brings me more joy.
Any night when Daddy is home is special. I love listening to him read stories to the kids and hearing their laughter. Nothing brings me more joy.
(I'm sure you're seeing a pattern now with the "naked" thing. Guess where they get it from?)
Jude continues to love soccer. His enthusiasm is contagious.
Teammates!
Lily found this beetle at our house on our way to run errands one day and insisted on bringing it to the store. I thought it was dead, so I let her, only to discover it was still alive while we were shopping!
Lily held that thing all the way to the store, throughout all the shopping, and all the way home where I finally convinced her to let it go so it could live "free and in the wild!" (Thanks, Wild Kratts!) I don't understand this girl's obsession with bugs. It is definitely NOT a trait we share.
In an effort to make our back yard more fun and encourage the kids to spend time outside, we bought a playground from Costco!
Unfortunately, we're still waiting for a tree guy to come cut down a few of our trees so we can fit it in the back. That day can't come soon enough for these kids who ask almost every day when we're going to build our play ground.










No comments:
Post a Comment