As is family tradition, the day after Thanksgiving we went with the Allred family to get a Christmas tree from Snicker's Gap, a local tree farm about 30 minutes from my mom's house.
As much as I love this tradition, I'll be the first to admit it was my attitude that needed adjusting that day. I was struggling to find the joy in chasing little boys around a bunch of trees that threatened to swallow them up from view at any moment while trying to be bright and cheery AND find the "perfect" tree. Maybe it had something to do with trotting around being almost 36 weeks pregnant. I can play the pregnancy card, right?
These boys sure did have fun, though. I was bummed Lance missed it (he was in Utah at the time visiting his Dahlquist family).
Mason, Cole and Jude
Cole loved looking at all the trees and hitting them with sticks. It was pretty funny.
I love how excited little kids get about new experiences.
Even though they weren't getting a tree for themselves, the Calderwoods tagged along too.
Grant was a good sport.
Plotting out our path to the perfect tree.
Jude and George finally walked off together and found our perfect little tree.
Helping to saw down the tree:
Yeah, probably not the safest thing to be doing.
Our attempt at a family photo:
There was a tractor pulling a hay-ride back to the parking lot that the boys were so excited to ride. Can you tell where it was parked?
Mmmm... apple cider!
Now to just get the tree home to Charlottesville and decorate it!








No comments:
Post a Comment