So before I can even start thinking about blogging Christmas, I have to get the rest of December out of the way.
First, Lance got his Bobcat!
First, Lance got his Bobcat!
You're supposed to put the pin on upside down and only turn it over when he's done a "good turn". I thought this was a pretty hysterical way to do it.
He also earned a bead toward his Wolf badge.
Good job, Lance!
December in general was pretty dull. We mostly stayed inside with the weather being bipolar which afforded me a lot of time to work on the quilts I was making for the boys for Christmas (see that ironing board?). We did, however, have an unexpected visitor one day:
December in general was pretty dull. We mostly stayed inside with the weather being bipolar which afforded me a lot of time to work on the quilts I was making for the boys for Christmas (see that ironing board?). We did, however, have an unexpected visitor one day:
Yes, our door is open and yes, that squirrel really is climbing on our screen. They've done this before but this was the first time I captured it on camera. The little boys thought this was awesome.
In early December, I spent a couple days in sunny Miami when Chad graduated from Orthodontic residency and then came home to this:
In early December, I spent a couple days in sunny Miami when Chad graduated from Orthodontic residency and then came home to this:
Snow!
We were at George's parent's house and Jude insisted he wanted to play in the snow, even though we didn't come prepared with boots or gloves.
We were at George's parent's house and Jude insisted he wanted to play in the snow, even though we didn't come prepared with boots or gloves.
It didn't seem to bother him a bit!
Cole, on the other hand, really really wanted to play in the snow until he got outside and tried to pick it up. I think he cried for the entire ten minutes we were outside.
Cole, on the other hand, really really wanted to play in the snow until he got outside and tried to pick it up. I think he cried for the entire ten minutes we were outside.
The one time I got him to smile. Next time we'll do gloves, okay Cole?
George gave me my Christmas gift early: a new camera lens! I am so excited to learn to use it. It's a fixed portrait lens, so now I have to learn all about the F-stop and appeture settings. I've only had this camera for 6 years--you'd think I'd now all this by now!
Here are some examples of the pictures George and I quickly snapped with the new lens:
George gave me my Christmas gift early: a new camera lens! I am so excited to learn to use it. It's a fixed portrait lens, so now I have to learn all about the F-stop and appeture settings. I've only had this camera for 6 years--you'd think I'd now all this by now!
Here are some examples of the pictures George and I quickly snapped with the new lens:
I love the depth of field, but I'm quickly learning that it makes focusing MUCH more difficult. I'm excited to learn!
Okay, if you have a weak stomach, turn back now. I debated posting this picture for a while and finally decided that since it was part of Lance's life, I'd put it up, even if it isn't the most "tasteful" documentation.
Lance shot his first deer! He was out riding around with his dad when they spotted a herd, so Scott helped him set up the shot, handed him the gun and Lance fired the shot all by himself. He got it, first try. Got it right in the heart from about 125 yards. Not too shabby!
Lance and Scott had meant to take a picture earlier, but forgot until they were already a bit into the "processing" stage.
It's a bit morbid, but here it is!
Okay, if you have a weak stomach, turn back now. I debated posting this picture for a while and finally decided that since it was part of Lance's life, I'd put it up, even if it isn't the most "tasteful" documentation.
Lance shot his first deer! He was out riding around with his dad when they spotted a herd, so Scott helped him set up the shot, handed him the gun and Lance fired the shot all by himself. He got it, first try. Got it right in the heart from about 125 yards. Not too shabby!
Lance and Scott had meant to take a picture earlier, but forgot until they were already a bit into the "processing" stage.
It's a bit morbid, but here it is!
We're excited for the venison that Lance and Scott are sharing with us--George already has big plans to make some jerky. Yum!
And it wouldn't be Christmas without decorating some Christmas cookies. We didn't go big this year--my friend Sarah came over one night and we baked some for her to decorate with some of her Med school friends, but she brought over the left-overs the next day and the little boys had a good timeeating decorating them.
And it wouldn't be Christmas without decorating some Christmas cookies. We didn't go big this year--my friend Sarah came over one night and we baked some for her to decorate with some of her Med school friends, but she brought over the left-overs the next day and the little boys had a good time
Don't you just love Jude's face here?
George started a research rotation during the last two weeks of December so we got to enjoy him being around a lot more.
George started a research rotation during the last two weeks of December so we got to enjoy him being around a lot more.
The boys were in heaven! It's always better when daddy is home.
My brother Jason is serving a mission for our church right now and doesn't get to come home for Christmas, so we sent him and his companion a box full of goodies: a little Christmas tree covered in chocolate ornaments, some photo block ornaments for his real tree, snacks, little stockings, a letter for Lance and a couple wooden trees "decorated" for him by Jude and Cole.
My brother Jason is serving a mission for our church right now and doesn't get to come home for Christmas, so we sent him and his companion a box full of goodies: a little Christmas tree covered in chocolate ornaments, some photo block ornaments for his real tree, snacks, little stockings, a letter for Lance and a couple wooden trees "decorated" for him by Jude and Cole.
They did a great job. :) I'm sure they will add color if nothing else to Jason's apartment for the holidays.
Now bring on Christmas!







No comments:
Post a Comment