Thanksgiving this year was spent up in Ashburn with the Glass and Allred families, while Lance got to fly to Utah to spend the week with his Dahlquist relatives.
This year, the Chens came up from Texas for the week to celebrate with the Glass family. They stayed at Jen and Eric's house, so we got to see them several times while we were up.
These boys loved playing Halo together while the girls perfected their Rainbow looming.
And it wouldn't be a true holiday without Hot Pot! Seriously, I love this stuff. It's a bit like fondue except you throw everything into a pot of boiling water and then pull out whatever you want to eat.
Of course the kids had a great time running around, chasing Diesel and being the "quality control" tasters for all the food.
I think Grandmom's deviled eggs got a thumbs-up from Cole. :)
It was great hanging out at my Mom's house, too! Laura and her cute family were there along with Amy and Stephen.
Look how big Grant is! Can you believe he's only three months old in this picture?
Amy was on dessert duty this year and out-did her self with several amazing pies.
Apple pie, pecan pie, chocolate pecan pie, pineapple cheesecake... I think we had pie for breakfast for at least three days after Thanksgiving was over.
Even Bethany came to visit for a couple days! She's attending BYU right now and the rest of her family lives in Provo, but she flew in to spend Thanksgiving with an old friend.
After having the Simmons live only 40 minutes away for the last several years, it's been a tough adjustment for us that they are so far away, so it was wonderful to see her!
Grandma's house is full of neat things. :) These boys had fun treating us all to many concerts over the week.
The day before Thanksgiving was spent prepping for the feast the following day.
It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the Glass's stuffed turkey.
After stuffing the turkey, I headed over to my mom's house to make rolls and spend some quality time with the family.
The Poultons (Laura and Tyler's friends) were visiting as was Amy's boyfriend Daniel.
Making rolls. Don't you love how pregnant bellies are magnets for messes?
Bed around 2 a.m., then it was up again with the kiddos around 7 to start Thanksgiving day!
Cole thought Daddy's stuffing for the pumpkins was amazing and probably ate about a cup of cheese, bacon, and bread soaked in cream. I mean, can you blame him?
These boys are great friends. I love that they will play together and I love hearing them laugh and squeal.
Then it was time to feast! Jen and Eric hosted the meal this year. While we were waiting for the rest of the family to arrive, Jude and Cole played outside with the Callie, Bryce, Emerson, Alex and Reagan.
Dr. Glass carving the turkey...
...and the duck!
Halo party downstairs!
Cousins! I'm bummed I accidentally cut Jude out of the picture.
Dinner was amazing! Of course we only had about an hour to let it settle before it was on to the Allred's house for ANOTHER Thanksgiving dinner.
Making some gravy.
I got to cuddle this love bug. He's just the sweetest!
These three boys were so funny! They got their own special table.
They're all saying "cheese". Love it!
The family!
We missed you Jason and Chad!
The next morning we hit up IHop with the Chens and Scholz before the Chens had to fly home.
It was a great week full of family and fun! And now, bring on Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment