The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, May 31, 2013

Florida--Day 6: DISNEY!

The day Lance and Jude were looking forward to the most finally arrived! We were headed to the Magic Kingdom!

Lance had been three years earlier and was excited to go back and ride Space Mountain, the only ride he wasn't tall enough for. Jude had spent a week listening to Lance recount all the rides and was excited to try them himself.

My cousin Jake was watching the kitten at our condo while his mom worked. Jude made sure to give the kitten a good-morning squeeze before we left.

An hour-long drive put us at Disney right after opening.

After a quick bathroom break for the boys, it was on to the Monorail!

Monorail!
That little smile says it all.


Entrance to Magic Kingdom:

They were SO excited!

Mom, Jason and Stephen

Main Street


Let's go ride some rides already! Can you tell the boys were done smiling for pictures?

Our whole group:

After torturing the boys with 15 minutes of pictures in front of the castle and on Main Street, we finally made it to our first ride!

Space Mountain!
Lance was so excited! He's been waiting to do this ride for three years, ever since he was about half a centimeter too short three years ago.

Ready for take-off!

Lance thought the ride was awesome! Just like I thought he would.

While we were on Space Mountain, my mom took Jude to ride the Rockets.



After Rockets/Space Mountain it was onto the Speedway.

Jude thought getting to steer the car was neat.




Disney does this thing called Fast Pass which allows you to get a ticket for a ride that you can use in the fast lane at a later time, so you can get a ticket for a long-line ride and while you're waiting for your ride time you can ride another. The big kids all got Fast Passes for Space Mountain again, so after the cars they went off to ride that while Jude and I hung out for 30 minutes.

Jude and I went on the People Mover while we waited that took us all around Tomorrow Land and told us a bit about each ride/attraction.
He LOVED it. More than is reasonable, really.


I guess with views like this, it is pretty neat.

After the People Mover, we got a pretzel shaped like Mickey.

We met back up with the family to do the Carousel of Progress and the Buzz Lightyear ride before we left Tomorrow Land for exciting adventures elsewhere in the park.

Snack break!
They are re-doing Fantasy Land and putting in some more modern movie-themed attractions like Tangled and Beauty and the Beast. We stopped at Gaston's Pub to get a quick snack and to drink some apple cider before heading out again.

Philharmonic
For not being a big-name ride, it really was fun.

We all rode the Haunted Mansion which turned out to be one of Jude's favorite rides (second only to Pirates, I think). Then the big kids went off again to ride Splash Mountain which left me and Jude together for about an hour. We filled the time well!

First stop: Haunted Mansion again!
Trying to make the same face as the statue.

Jude and I also rode the Carousel--twice!


While I was bummed I didn't get to ride Splash Mountain with Lance, it was fun to have a little time with just me and Jude and to savor the sweet excitement that every new little thing brought. Lance is getting older and wasn't that interested in the little rides or enjoying the sites, rather wanting to keep up with the adults and ride all the big attractions. It's a little sad he's putting off being a child and growing up so fast. I think I'm going to miss this time--probably more than I realize.

 We reunited and had snacks again.
Ice cream!


Cousin fun!

Pirates of the Caribbean. I think this turned out to be Jude's favorite ride ever.


This is how they decided to spend their souvenir money:
They each picked out a guy and spent about 15 minutes running around trying to shoot each other.


Little pirates!

After the Pirates, we took a trip on the Jungle Cruise.

Getting a little tired...

While you can't tell from the pictures, Jude was enthralled by all the animals and sites from the banks.

My trusty photographer and helper of children. Thank, Mom!

Lance made sure to keep us safe.





After the Jungle Cruise, my mom ended up driving Kailey, Bethany, Stephen and Jason back to the condo. Kailey had a call from her mom that her mission call had come, so they drove back so she could open it. I was sad to see them leave, but Amy stayed with me and the boys and we filled the last few hours with as many rides as we could.


Amy took Lance to Thunder Mountain, so I took Jude to Pirates again.


After that, Amy and I switched and I rode Thunder Mountain with Lance.


I love this happy face!

 Haunted Mansion again with both the boys.

It was getting late, so we headed to the kids' area where they had the Dumbo ride.


We're flying! :)

They had a little rollercoaster called the Barnstormer there that Jude was tall enough to ride. I was so excited to take him on it! (He had been pretty disappointed he was just shy of the height requirement for the three Mountains.)
Lance and Aunt Amy

Jude not totally sure if this will be fun or not.


"Was if fun?" "Yes!" "Do you want to do it again?" "No! It was dangerous!"

We did it again anyway. This is how he spent most of that 30 seconds:
 He did like it. I think it was just a bit scary.

Trying out some awesome hats.

On our way back to Mainstreet, we stopped again in Tomorrow Land. Amy and Lance rode Space Mountain again, so Jude and I did the People Mover and Buzz Lightyear while we waited.


We reunited for our last ride: the Rockets!

While in the line for the Rockets, saw got to watch the fireworks.

It was cool because we were up pretty high.

Rockets!


Ready for take off? Yep!

A couple last pictures:


By this time it was 11:00 p.m. We were bushed.

We made a last-minute stop at the stores on Main Street to buy some fudge for Laura (she was watching Cole all day) and cars for Mason and Cole.
Close to midnight--it was a long day. Good thing I had the double stroller!


It was a LONG drive back to condo after such a busy day. We made it safe and sound, thanks to Amy staying awake and keeping me alert on the drive.

It had been a great day! It was so fun to spend that time with my two older boys and enjoy the excitement of the rides and the magic of Disney. 


And what did Cole do while we were at Disney?
This lucky boy got to hang out on the beach with his cousins and soak up some beautiful Florida weather.


Brayden, Mason and Kyler

No comments:

Post a Comment