The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, November 9, 2012

Wanda Witch's Halloween Scavenger Hunt

A few weeks ago we got a note on our door inviting us to do a scavenger hunt, hosted by "Wanda Witch". It sounded like a lot of fun, so George and I RSVP'd. We were not disappointed!

A girl in our ward put together this elaborate activity for several young families in our area. We were divided into teams and given clues that led us to new clues. At each location there was an "ingredient" for our "witches' brew" and a new clue for the next location.

So, on October 20th, after Lance soccer game and our lightening pumpkin picking session, we rushed back home to meet up with our team for the hunt. It was such a blast! We were with the Elmers and the Robins, but with 6 or 7 other groups running around we were able to see several other friends as well.

Finding a clue. You had to stick your hand in a bucket of squishy balls covered in maple syrup to find the key to the box that held our next clue.

The kids all though that was fabulous and we walked away from this location with sticky fingers and kiddos that smelled like pancakes.

The next clue!

The clues took us all over Family Housing and UVa's Law School which is located right behind Family Housing. Each one was hidden somehow, or we had to solve a  puzzle--like plugging in Edgar Allen Poe's birthday and some other number to find which book in the Law library held our next clue. 

 Jude saw Lance walking along this wall and wanted to do it, too. Lance was off and running the entire time with his buddies Killian and Kendall, so I don't have many picture of him.


I can make it!

I think this tree is gorgeous. It's like a fall rainbow. I love how colorful the fall is in Virginia!

We also got to hang out with this little guy again.
The Elmers brought their little puppy Hershel along for the fun. It definitely kept the kids busy and attracted a lot of love from the other groups as well.

We finally made it to the finish and found out who had planned it all. Sara, another girl in Family Housing had put it all together. I couldn't believe how much time, effort and money she put into this event.

The whole group. I don't know if you can see, but Lance is sitting next to George with his shirt off.  It was cold, but he wanted to warm up Hershel (the puppy) who was shivering. Sweet boy!

Thank you, Sara, for putting this all together and giving us an opportunity to be with some of our favorite people! It truly was the most fun Halloween activity I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment