The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Paint--Do Not Eat It!

For Family Home Evening on Monday, we painted pumpkins. The boys had a great time and George and I loved watching them have a ball with the paint. This was the first time we've attempted anything like this with Jude and all in all, he did a pretty good job.

The "before" picture. Look at all that clean!

Pumpkins are for painting, not eating, Jude. He tried anyway.

Lance had a very specific idea in mind for his pumpkin and was uncharacteristically careful with the paint.

Jude caught on pretty quickly and did a surprisingly good job using the brush end to get paint on his pumpkin. He didn't need very much help at all.

George was creative (as usual) and sprayed paint in a plastic bag and then rolled his pumpkin all around inside. It turned out fairly pretty and very unique.

Lance painting faces... and staying clean.

Not so clean...

Another face painted and still clean! It's a breakthrough!

Yep, he tried to eat it. Good think the paint is non-toxic and washable!

And... I knew it was coming. After he had finished his pumpkin and Jude was getting a bath, Lance decided it was time to have his typical fun with the paint:


Bathtime was interesting, to say the least. I love my boys--my crazy, paint-y, silly boys. They really are what makes my world go 'round and what puts a smile on my face every day.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I hate messes so much I probably wouldn't attempt this, but I have high esteem for those who do! :)

    ReplyDelete