I waited to do this post until I had pictures from my mom's camera, but alas, her cardreader was nowhere to be found when I was up in Northern VA this past weekend, so the few pictures I have will have to do for now.
My first nephew on my side was born September 24th! I actually got to be at the hospital for it, although not actively participating. It was a neat experience to sit in the waiting room anxiously watching the door for any hint of the new arrival. My mom and Tyler's mom were both waiting as well. Lance, Jude, and I drove straight from Charlottesville to the hospital in Ashburn where we stayed for about 5 hours! The boys were great sports and I tried to make it more fun by treating them to lunch at the cafeteria and getting some tasty treats to share.
Waiting...
Tyler's mom had the right idea and utilized her time wisely. I wish I could have done the same.
They were so good. We really spent about 5 hours in the same waiting room. Jason and Glenn came by for a little bit so that helped to break up the long hours. Lance and I read some books and played with some toys while Jude kept both himself and me busy by constantly trying to escape the waiting room. He would crawl to the automatic door and when it opened, crawl as fast as he could out the door! What a stinker!
After hearing that the baby had been born (the doctor actually walked out into the waiting room and told us he was born, and then went to another part of the hospital), we waited another HOUR before Tyler came out to give us the details. I guess they were just enjoying the moment alone before all the visiting.
Laura and baby Mason with our mom and Tyler's mom.
The proud parents!
Lance actually wanted to see the baby (which is a big deal because he does not like babies at all... even Jude is a stretch sometimes), so when it was our turn to visit I took him back, only to discover that the baby had been taken to the Nursery! We got to peek through the window at him, but we both had to wait another day before we could hold him.
Chad came into town that same day just for the weekend, so we got to hang out a little on Saturday. It was so nice to see him! I miss him so much now that he's living in New York City.
Saturday night I got to go to the hospital with Mom and Amy to visit Laura and try to watch the Relief Society General Conference Broadcast on Laura's computer. We had a great time visiting and holding baby Mason.
Chad came into town that same day just for the weekend, so we got to hang out a little on Saturday. It was so nice to see him! I miss him so much now that he's living in New York City.
Saturday night I got to go to the hospital with Mom and Amy to visit Laura and try to watch the Relief Society General Conference Broadcast on Laura's computer. We had a great time visiting and holding baby Mason.
On Sunday, Laura and Tyler brought Mason home, so we all got a chance to hold him and welcome the little one into our family.
Jude thought he was pretty neat and kept pointing at him and patting him. I'm not sure if really understood Mason is a person, but he seemed to know he was a big deal.
Baby. Good job, Jude!
Even Lance got into the action and held him... something he did not do 9 months ago with Jude. I think little kids are growing on him.
There is something about holding a sleeping baby that is contagious.
That night we celebrated Chad's 29th Birthday before he had to catch his bus back to NY.
I made him a three-layer chocolate cake for the party. Lance apparently was excited to try it.
And, of course, Lance had to help with the candles. I asked Chad if he wanted a 2 and a 9 candle or if he actually wanted 29 candles. You can clearly see his decision. :)
It was a fun weekend to be with family and enjoy the precious new baby! I'm so excited for Laura and all the joy that is coming her way. Being a mom is the greatest calling on earth. I wouldn't trade it for the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment