George and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary this past weekend! I can't believe we've been married for two years. It simultaneously feels like the time has flown and like we've been married forever (in a good way).
It was a really fun few days of celebration. Wednesday our new camera came--our gift to each other. It's a Canon S90. Not an SLR, but a very nice little camera that takes beautiful pictures. We tried it out at the park behind our house and were instantly pleased.
Hooray for not having to use a 7-year-old camera to capture life's happenings!
We dropped the boys off at our friend's house and went out for a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot here in Charlottesville. We've been here a few times before and were so excited to go back.
You start with a fantastic cheese fondue appetizer...
You start with a fantastic cheese fondue appetizer...
...followed by a tasty salad, although we usually only pick at this to leave room for:
Lobster, steak, filet mignon, duck, chicken, shrimp, and goat cheese ravioli all seasoned to perfection and personally cooked in boiling Coq au Vin. Yum...
And, of course, no dinner at a fondue restaurant would be complete without the dessert chocolate! We had white chocolate creme brulee-style. I was a little hesitant because I'm not a huge white chocolate fan, but this was amazing! The waitress even gave us a candle in our dippers.
All that was left.
It was especially nice to be out with George, just the two of us, because we got to ride in his car with the top down. I tried to capture the fun, but this was the best I could do.
I had to take Lance up to Fairfax to visit his dad on Thursday and because George had his Pediatric Shelf to study for and take on Friday, Jude and I just stayed up at my mom's place. George joined us Friday afternoon and we spent the weekend with his family.
Over the course of the weekend, Jude discovered bubble bathes. He couldn't quite figure out what he was supposed to do with them, but thought the bubbles were tons of fun!
Eat them?
Pop them?
Rinsing after the bath...
Struggling to dress the little wiggly drool monster.
Here, Dad. Let me get that for you.
Think you can change my diaper? Haha! Think again!
George's parents took us out to our favorite restaurant on Saturday. We love Nagoya's! They make the food right in front of you, and they have the most fabulous sushi I've ever eaten.
I think Jude looks just like George here...
Fried rice!
Jude loved watching the action.
Our chef was so nice. He even took the extra time to chop up the food into tiny baby-sized bites so Jude could eat some as well.
Last time we came to this restaurant, Jude was NOT a fan of the fire that erupts at the beginning of the dinner. I tried to video his reaction this time. Although he doesn't lose it like he did last time, it's still pretty funny:
We drove back down to Charlottesville Sunday afternoon (our actual Anniversary) and after dropping Jude off at a friend's house, George and I took his little car on a drive down part of Skyline Drive. I had never been before but had heard wonderful things. I wasn't disappointed. The leaves are just starting to change and the views are breathtaking.
We got to drive with the top down again. The weather was perfect!
I like this picture because you can see some of the colors just starting to peek through.
I, of course, had to record this.
At one point, we stopped at an overlook and George took off his sunglasses and put them on the car. We got back in and drove off, forgetting his glasses were perched precariously on the back. We finally realized and drove back to get them. Miraculously, they were still in one piece sitting in the middle of the road!
It was the perfect weekend. Sunday night, Lance came home and we were able to spend a nice night together as a family before George left for Roanoke today for a four week rotation. We'll get to see him on weekends, but it's going to be hard without him. The boys and I walked Rockne today (the dog we walk during the week) and Lance picked two flowers: one for me and one for DaddyG. :(
We all miss you already, George.





You guys look cute. Congratulations on your anniversary!
ReplyDeleteFabio