So, we've been up in Ashburn for the past week and a half while George finishes his Ambulatory Medicine rotation. What have we been up to?
Lance is still in California with his dad and will be until September 2nd. We do talk almost daily, though, and he's having a great time! George leaves for the clinic in Fairfax around 7:15 a.m Monday through Friday and Jude and I stay and hang out with either my family or George's. That usually entails playing with Callie and Bryce who come over to George's parent's house every day while Jen and Eric work. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided by George's mom. I swear, this woman is cooking constantly, and treats us to things like roast, steak, homemade eggrolls, curry, homemade dumplings, and omelets. If you ever visit, you will be greeted by at least three different kinds of food and if none of them suit your fancy, she'll make you something special, just for you. We have been totally spoiled! Lance and Jude will be sad to return to our home where what we're having to eat is it--like it or not.
George usually comes home around 6 p.m., just in time for dinner. It's been nice because we actually get to see him and play. A couple days ago, George walked in the door and Jude perked up and started babbling "Da Da! Da Da!" Who know if he really understood what he was saying, but it was cute anyway.
It's been fun to be with my family, too! Jason has marching band camp every day so I haven't seen him much, but on Tuesday I got to go to the Temple with my mom and Stephen, the first time I've been in several months. It was so nice to go and be there with people I love so much. I am becoming more and more grateful for the Gospel and the truths that it teaches us, especially about the eternal nature of families. What a blessing to know that our family is forever!
The three of us in front of the Washington D.C. Temple
Today we were eating lunch and Jude was ready for his nap. Can you tell?
We've had a good time up here in Ashburn, but we're ready to be back in Charlottesville!



No comments:
Post a Comment