Monday was a really fun day! Chad had to fly out in the later afternoon, but we still got to play at the beach before he left.
He and Mom took their traditional picture:
I think they have a picture like this for every time we've visited Florida (or another beach) since Chad was 15.
Jude played in the sand as usual. He must think sand is very tasty because he continues to try to eat it.
Little hands
Sandy toes. :)
The waves finally came back! The ocean had been glassy for the past few days. It was so much fun to be out in the crashing surf. Everyone took turns watching the boys, so I actually got to play, too! No pictures, seeing as I'm the photographer, but just know I was out there, too.
Jude was sticking out his tongue for the picture, so Lance and I thought it would be fun to stick out ours, too...
Jude didn't get the memo.
Precious baby.
He's actually smiling while in the water. He likes it until the water washes the sunscreen into his eyes... Yeah. I don't like it when that happens, either.
Chad was such a life-saver! He would take Lance out into the deeper water and to the sandbar to play. Lance ate it up.
Stephen, Bethany, Kailey, and Amy relaxing on the beach.
The family on the beach next to us had a net and caught a bunch of little fish. Lance spent a good deal of time playing with the other kids and trying to catch the fish and look at them. He thought it was great, although I doubt the fish could say the same thing.
After the beach, we swam some in the pool and then said good-bye to Chad. It's been so fun spending time with him here in Florida. I miss him already.
Later that afternoon, Aunt Linda took me, Amy, Christy, Kailey, and Bethany to meet an old friend of hers that was going to teach us how to surf! We were so excited!
We saw a gopher on our way there. He was moving pretty fast and eating the grass along side the parking lot next to the beach.
Yay for surfing!
(Me, Kailey, Amy, Christy, and Bethany)
Trying to manage the long board for a photo...
Finally... Amy and me
So, we each got to go out on the long board and I think everyone even stood up at least once! I only stood up for a split second, but it was fun to try and surf again.
Amy did a great job, too! Unfortunately my camera died before she stood up, so I missed the shot.
After surfing, we all went to WalMart to get some supplies for Disney the next day!
No comments:
Post a Comment