The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

Thirty-one.

Ugh. For some reason 31 sounds so much older than 30. Maybe it has something to do with starting to slide into your 30's. The not-so-slow but steady march into middle-age seems like it's beginning in earnest and I'm just not ready. I still feel like I should be 20ish--I don't feel smarter or more prepared for the future than I did then and yet here I am: in my 30's with a college degree, a husband, four kids, and a minivan. Now all we need is a dog and a mortgage and I'll be living the American dream.

In all honesty, though, as I celebrated my birthday surrounded by my family I have never been happier. Life is so, so good. 

We "officially" celebrated my Birthday on March 16th with Laura up in Northern Virginia right after we blessed Lily at my Mom's house. Laura and I grew up having tandem Birthdays and it seems we'll carry on the tradition even as adults.

As a birthday gift to me and Laura my Mom and Grandma took us shopping that weekend and treated both of us to some cute new clothes.
We left the older boys with the dads but lucky for them these nursing babies got to tag along.

It was so fun! And I was loving the extra hands to help with Lily. 

Mom even treated us to a nice lunch out at Sweetwater.

Dessert anyone?
We originally got one to share since we were all so full, but it was so good we ordered a second. Flourless chocolate waffle. So good!


It was such a fun weekend with Grandma!


And of course when we got back to Charlottesville I had to celebrate with some of my most favorite people:

The Elmers and the Simmons joined us at Outback one evening. I can't tell you how much I enjoy being with these people. They really have become some of our very best friends.

Happy Birthday to me! I couldn't have pick a better way to celebrate my 31 years. Life is perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment