The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, April 25, 2014

Happy 70th Birthday, Dad!

Dad turned 70 this year! Since this was a special year, Jen and Eric came up with a great gift we could all give him. It was a surprise (not even Mom knew about it) and I wanted the cake to be themed appropriately, so I had to make it at my Mom's house so it wouldn't give the surprise away. As soon as it was finished on Sunday, I brought it over and we celebrated!

Any ideas what we got him for his Birthday?

He said he just thought it was a pretty cake and didn't know it was a clue, but I'm not sure I believe him.


It was very sweet when he opened the gift. At first he wasn't sure what it was, but as it dawned on him, we all got emotional.

He's been wanting to visit Yellowstone Park for years and he and Mom were planning on taking a trip soon, so Jen and Eric found a great deal for a five-day getaway to Yellowstone for the two of them for this summer! 

Dad was surprised and couldn't keep back the tears. :) I'm so glad Jen had this idea and we were able to do it for him. Now all they need is a nice camera!

Cutting the cake:
I love Cole's face in this shot. 

So the cake was supposed to be Yellowstone. I got a picture of a Yellowstone landscape and used frozen buttercream transfers to do the scenery. I think it turned out pretty well!


The animals were just fondant I rolled out and cut with cookie cutters.





And it wouldn't be a Glass celebration without food! George manned the grill.





Happy happy Birthday, Dad! You are one of the best people I know and deserve the very best. Thanks for being such a wonderful father to me and George and an amazing Grandpa to the kids. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment