I've been going to Busch Gardens since I was a sophomore in High School--about 15 years. Wow, that dates me a bit. George has been going since he was about 5, so of course it wouldn't be spring/summer around here without a few trips to our favorite amusement park.
Spring Break for Lance was early this year--the first week in April. Our friends the Elmers were going to Busch Gardens that Saturday and even though we were up in Northern Virginia we decided to join them. Lance had gone the day before with his Dad and Abbey and then caught a ride to the park with the Elmers on Saturday so he could go with us too.
This little peanut was an angel the whole time:
Cole was old enough to understand what was going on and to enjoy several of the little rides. He was very excited to get on the first ride of the day:
So cute!
Since I wasn't pregnant this time (woot!) I got to ride the roller coasters! Lance and I rode his favorite ride, Lochness.
Train ride! Jude thought he was one of the big kids. :)
Cole LOVES trains, so this was probably the highlight of his day. He sat like this the whole time with his little hands folded:
It was utterly and completely adorable to watch his fascination and excitement. Oh to be young again when everything is amazing!
While waiting for Jude to ride "the castle ride" with George, Lance and Cole hung out in the arcade. Cole didn't quite know what to do with the gun.
Lance even ride the airplanes with Cole!
Jude was most excited to ride "the castle ride" and I think it was a hit, although I'm not sure because every time we asked him if the ride was fun, he would say, "It was scary! There was a wolf that wanted to eat me!" He couldn't stop talking about it and even weeks later he still brings it up. We'll definitely have to ride it again!
Since I had Lily and George was riding another ride with Aric, Melissa rode with Jude on the big swings. He had a great time and laughed the whole ride.
Love the faces:
Took Jude and Cole on a miniature TradeWind:
It was hysterical watching their faces as they laughed and laughed.
And of course we had to do the tea cups:
Love it!
We had a great time! The park closed at 8, so we caught some dinner with the Elmers at a local Cook Out and then headed back up to Northern Virginia to celebrate Dad's 70th Birthday the next day. Lance rode back to Charlottesville with the Elmers to rejoin his dad for the rest of the weekend.
I was bushed! I had stayed up until 3:30 a.m. the night before working on Dad's Birthday cake. Busch Gardens on 3 hours of sleep really isn't smart, but it was worth it!
Why did I stay up so late? Here's a sneak peak at what I was working on:





No comments:
Post a Comment