The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, June 18, 2012

Lance's last day of Kindergarten!

June 10th was Lance's last day of Kindergarten!

He rode the bus to school where I met him before the class started with his gift to his teacher Mrs. Thiede.

I bought several candy bars and Lance and I sat down and figured out a cute way to use them in a "Thank You" note.

It turned out really neat! Lance was very excited to give it to her. She's been a great teacher that has helped Lance enjoy school and learn well above his grade level. He is reading very well and is exceptional with numbers--already learning how to multiply! I don't think I got to that until I was in second grade.

When I asked Lance if he was happy it was his last day of school, he got teary-eyed and said "No! That means I don't get to see my teacher. I'm going to miss her so much." 

Thank you, Mrs. Thiede, for being such a good teacher that Lance is sorry to see school end for the summer. That alone speaks volumes.

Lance with Mr. White. He has been a wonderful bus driver.

I can't believe Lance is going into the 1st grade in the fall! He is such a grown-up guy with his own awesome ideas about how everything should be. I have to keep reminding myself that he's growing up and can do so many new things. I love you, Lance! 

And now, on to summer! I am so excited to have all the boys home every day! I've hated full-day Kindergarten, so I'm happy to have some quality Lance time for the next few months. Summer is the best! Or, as Phineas and Ferb say:

Summer, every single moment is worth it's weight in gold
Summer, it's like the world's best story and it's waiting to be told
It's ice cream cones and cherry soda dripping down your chin
It's summer, man, where do we begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment