June 10, Jason graduated from Stone Bridge High School!
He turned 18 just 8 days prior which means my family has started a new phase of life: all six kids are officially adults. I have to admit it's a funny feeling to be part of an older generation. I mean, with three kids of my own, I've been there for a while, but to have my baby brother be "all grown up" is just a little hard to take in.
Anyway... we are so proud of you, Jason!
Jude wanted to try out his hat and kept calling him a wizard. It was cute.
Family picture in Mom's front yard--just missing Chad and Dad.
Jason with Mom and Glenn and four of his five siblings.
Laura, me, Jason, Stephen, and Amy.
Jason with my little family (George had to be in Charlottesville for Church that day and for a function for the hospital).
The boys were good sports, although in the middle of the shoot they melted down into this:
Ah, memories. I remember posing for pictures at this age. It was horrible.
Jason and Mom.
My three boys with Aunt Amy. Aunt Amy is definitely a favorite--she's always bringing them treats or doing fun things with them.
Jason and Grandma Brewer.
I just liked this picture because it captures the boys' personalities so well. Jude's usually goofing off, Cole's usually smiling at something, and Lance is usually in the thick of things. Love my boys!
I like this picture of Grandma with three of her great-grandbabies. We were so lucky we got to spend time with her while she was visiting.
Me and my baby brother.
So glad my boys get to know my grandma.
Jason with Vera.
His graduation was at 7 p.m! Have you ever been to a High School graduation? They take about 3 hours from start to finish. I left Jude at home with Tyler and Mason and took Cole and Lance. Lance wasn't too thrilled to be there (let's be honest, graduation ceremonies are a little tedious after they call your graduate's name), but kept himself entertained with Aunt Amy's iPod touch. See? Aunt Amy is so fun.
One of the perks of having a last name like "Allred" is that you're always in the front of the line. It wasn't hard to spot Jason during the processional.
Jason and the choir singing "Bridge over Troubled Waters".
Lining up to get his diploma.
...walking across the stage...
...Diploma! Thanks, Dr. Person.
This is Joe King, our neighbor of about 13 years. He and Jason have been friends since they moved in.
Woo Hoo!
It's official!
The boys were so good!
Jason, we are so proud of you! I know how hard you've worked to get to this important point in your life. Now it's on to BYU in the fall--the last of all 6 of us to go. I know you'll love it!
I love you, Jason! Congratulations!

No comments:
Post a Comment