The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Pop Pop!

This past weekend, George's parents, Der, Allen, Jen, Eric, Callie, and Bryce all came to our house to visit! Nate was playing in a concert Saturday night, so they decided to make a day of it and hang out with us for a while.

It was raining when they arrived, so we went out to eat at Outback to wait-out the storm. When we got back to our house, the rain had cleared and it became increasingly obvious there was no keeping the kiddos inside.

Lance likes to push the little kids in the baby swings, although I don't think his way is very conventional. Gets the job done, though! 

While at the park, we ran into some old friends of ours. The Sloans had moved away last year but came back for a day or two to visit. It was fun to see how much Polly has grown and to meet their new addition Ci Ci.

Sunday happened to be George's dad's Birthday, so we celebrated with home-made carrot cake! 

George offered to "light" the candles. I swear he's in love with his blow torch.




Happy Birthday, Dad! 

Lance is blowing bubbles for Jude to pop. :) 


All four cousins... this was the closest I could get to getting them all in the frame at the same time.

Callie helping Jude down the slide. 

Go, Jude, go! 

Lance being a crazy boy, as usual. 

Jude kept trying to blow bubbles, but unfortunately the bottle was empty. 

Jude loves to swing like this on the "big boy" swings. It's cute to watch him fly like an airplane.

Don't worry! He is NOT about to plummet into the ground. You can't see the ground under him in this picture, although it does look like he's about to biff it any second, doesn't it? I keep forgetting I did this same thing as a kid and it still scares me when I look at it.

After we played outside for a bit, we went to the downtown Mall to walk around and get some frozen yogurt before Nate's concert.

Cousins.

I know this picture is blurry, but it is pretty accurate. Let's be honest--kids never stop moving and are blurry half the time in real life! 

The whole group enjoying some Sweet Frog frozen yogurt.

We had a great time with our family. We all said good-bye on the Mall and went our separate ways--the Scholz drove home, George's parents went to the concert, and George and I took the boys home for bed. The rain had stayed away most of the afternoon...amazing!

Perfect timing! As we pulled up to our apartment building, it started raining and hailing. Lance and Jude both had a great time looking out the van windows at the little bits of ice while we waited for a lull so we could go inside. An interesting end to a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is cute. I love Bryce's face in the yogurt picture. Are you going to post something about the tragedy of Lance's broken arm? Perhaps when he gets his colorful hard cast? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Jason and I went to the park the other day, and he saw a boy swinging on his stomach like that, so that's all Jason wanted to do too! Kids are so funny :)

    ReplyDelete