The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Break-down and a Bridal Shower

Last weekend was a full one. The boys and I played around during the week and then drove up to Ashburn on Thursday so Lance could spend the weekend with his dad. On the way up, about 45 minutes from Scott's house, the Cadillac we are borrowing from the George's parents overheated and we had to pull over. Scott came to pick us up and we all ate an early dinner at Chipotle (Lance's pick) and then he dropped me and Jude off at my mom's house. Fun! 

Seriously, though, we were totally blessed during the break-down by our family. Eric and his buddy Chad drove 45 minutes with a flat-bed tow-truck to pick up the broken-down car, George's dad and Eric are working on our Jetta, and Mom let me borrow her van until our Jetta (the car we traded the Suburban for) is done sometime this week. Eric and George's dad have been working on the Jetta to get it in driving condition for a while now and have been so generous to let us use the Cadillac during the past year. 

So, thanks to our family and Scott, the break-down really wasn't that bad for us and the weekend continued without a hitch. I got to attend a friend's Bridal Shower in Fairfax which was lots of fun! It was held at a nice Italian restaurant and each guest was treated to a full lunch and dessert!  It was fun to see a few people I knew there and meet some new friends as well. Lindsey (the bride-to-be) is engaged to one of George's best friends from college, Matt. They are an awesome couple!


Reading some marriage advice written by those in attendance.

Opening my gift to Lindsey. This is a bad picture of them, but you get the idea.
After the bridal shower, I went back to my mom's house to pick up Jude so we could drive back down to Charlottesville. Amy was there and before I left, I helped her shave my mom's dog Vera. It took much longer than I had expected and was much more difficult than it seemed.

Before. She's a pretty dog, but that hair just keeps shedding and it's all about 3 inches long, so Mom said it had to go.

Me holding Vera still while Amy used her fur trimmers. This was our first attempt at shaving a living creature and it took a while before we really knew what we were doing. Sorry, Vera!

Jude helped out by feeding Vera plant bulbs he found in a pot. Yum?

The end result. Still a little shaggy and some spots need some touching-up, but not too bad. She still looks like her but her fur is much shorter. 

When Jude and I got back to Charlottesville, George and I had some friends over and we played a game called "Pandemic". It's a great game! Basically, all the players have to work together to save the world from disease outbreaks. Because you're working together, if you win, everyone does and if you lose, we all do. 

It was a fun, busy busy weekend and we were glad to be back in Charlottesville ready to start another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment