I did it!
With one hour and 51 minutes to spare, I officially read the entire Book of Mormon in the month of March! It's been my goal for the past three years and this year I actually did it! I have to give a hand to my iPod that allowed me to listen to the scriptures while I did things like drive or wash dishes. Honestly, with about an hour of reading each day, I didn't know where I could fit in the time, but somehow it all worked out.
It was a very neat experience powering through the scriptures like that. I feel like I got to know the people much better as I read whole accounts in one sitting. It helped the scriptures come alive for me and I came away with a better understanding of what the Book of Mormon really is: a testament of Christ and his divine power.
Today is the first day in a month that I haven't read 10-20 pages of the scriptures and it feels... wrong. I feel like I'm missing something important, kind of like I just said good-bye to a good friend. It's unrealistic to think I can read so much all the time, but if I've learned anything from this experience, it's that the scriptures are important and I can and should make reading them a priority every day.
And on that note, I think I'm going to go listen to the scriptures while I wash the dishes.
Just for fun... Jude has started smiling for the camera. He'll actually point to the camera and say either "cheese" or "smile" and then give a big cheesy grin.
This little guy and his big brother keep me laughing every day! I can't get enough of my boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment