The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pictures from the Week

Recap of this past week in pictures.

PARK
Lance was with his dad this past weekend, so Jude and I had to find a way to stay busy without him while George was at the hospital. We have a park right outside our back door, so Jude and I climbed on the playground and went down the slides. I don't think he's ever done anything other than swing and he was not sure what to think about the tunnels.

He sat in the tunnel for minutes at a time before inching his way to the other side.
He was inside for so long, I had time to slide down the slide, take this picture, and climb back up before he moved more than two inches. It was pretty funny.
Finally! 

After the first couple times, he mastered it and would plow right through with that funny crawl of his, using his toes on the left foot and his knee on the right to get around. He looks like a bear as his arms pound away and he alternates between his knees and feet. It's so funny!
Not the greatest picture of me, but whatever.

Jude thought the slides were fun, too!



JUDE-IN-THE-BOX


IRONMEN
Jude liked watching Lance be Ironman better than he liked being Ironman.


STAR WARS PANCAKES!
I got Lance these great pancake molds and this past week we tried them out. This is Lance making a "Darth Vader" face.


CREEPER
It's times like this that make me realize what being a mother really means. It means messy clothes and messy rooms. It means long days and even longer nights. It means laughter and kisses, tantrums and tears. It means less time with George and more time with Legos and diapers. It means more love than I could ever have imagined and more fun that I thought possible. It means...
...Elmo constantly watching me as I shower.  I realize he's not really watching, but it's a little unsettling to turn around and see his googly eyes fixed right on me. Creeper.


MUSIC
The boys love music and one way George helps the boys settle down before they go to bed is to play music on the computer and watch the screensaver light show that dances to the songs. It is heartwarming to see the three of them sit together in a dark room watching beautiful colors and listening to fun music.


SHADES
Lance is starting to have fun including Jude in his play. It's cute to watch them interact as Jude gets bigger and can keep up a bit better.


SEWING
This past week I worked on a project that I thought was a lot of fun! I like to pretend I can sew and this was one such time. I stitched the rectangles by hand and I think they turned out really well. What do you think?
I had Lance write his own name on a piece of paper and I copied it on the fabric and then stitched it. And that really is Jude's hand. It took forever, but I learned a few tricks that will help it go faster next time.

It was a great week! Friday morning Lance went with his dad to Virginia Beach to see the Airshow at Andrew's Air Force Base and Jude and I drove up to Ashburn to finish the preparations for Laura's Baby Shower on Saturday, but that is another post for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment