The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Headbands and Friends

When George and I were talking a while ago about moving from our little townhouse to Family Student Housing, we had a list of pros and cons and, obviously, the pros won out. One such "pro" was the fact that we would be within walking distance to most of our friends. We have been in our new apartment for a little over a month and already we have had more fun with friends in that little time than I think we did the whole two years we lived in our townhouse. Even though we all miss our old house, we agree that the move was actually a blessing for our family. It has been a really neat experience to live so close to so many families we know and who are all in our same situation--students with kids living on a budget. 

The other night several of the wives got together and made fabric flowers for headbands. We all left our husbands at home with the kids and got to spend a couple hours just being girls making pretty things and eating, of course, chocolate (and this great caramel apple dip). 

Sarah, Sara, Lucy (the cute little girl sporting a finished headband), Jamie, Jeana, and Melissa (Alison came later)

Totally cute!

Sarah is "carefully" demonstrating how to singe the edges of satin to craft petals for another flower:
I had a blast being with these fun girls! I love living in Student Housing!

No comments:

Post a Comment