The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Lance!

September 14th was Lance's Birthday. He turned 5 years old! I still can't believe I have a 5-year-old... where does the time go?

It was a fun day.  We woke up and made Lance's favorite breakfast--chocolate chip waffles! Even Jude loved them!


After breakfast we did a little "school" with Lance and then he painted his birdhouse he picked out a few days earlier. 
Yes, that is paint on his chest and his mouth. Don't ask me how he got it on his mouth. Paint... yum!

We got to play with some friends that afternoon and when George came home we went to Lance's absolute favorite restaurant here in Charlottesville: China King Buffet!
Lance can't get enough of this place. While we were driving to the restaurant he kept reciting all the things he wanted to eat when he got there. "I want two pinches of noodles, the brown ones and the white ones. And one dumpling. And 14 shrimps! And three pinches of crab legs!" We made sure to comply. It's his Birthday!
Jude was asleep when we got there, but soon woke up to enjoy the good food. He will eat just about anything.
Yum! Fortune cookie.

After dinner we went to the Downtown mall to get frozen yogurt at a great place called "Sweet Frog". Interesting name, awesome yogurt! You get a cup and can fill it up with as much yogurt as you want and then (the best part) you can pick as many toppings as your heart desires. It's pay-by-the-ounce and is fairly inexpensive. It was so tasty!
Chocolate! Lance's favorite.

King Jude. :) Lance was so nice to share his frozen yogurt.

I wanted us to get a family picture, so I finally got up enough courage to ask someone to take it. There was a college-age girl sitting on the other side of the tree that I asked... and she really didn't want to do it. You would have thought I asked her to work 4 hours doing hard labor or something. She took the picture, though, so I guess that's really all I can ask for.

Brothers.

Lance kept asking me where his "real Birthday cake" was. I guess since it was his "real" Birthday, he thought he needed a "real" cake. It's funny how kids interpret things, isn't it? Even without a "real" cake, we all had a great time with Lance celebrating his Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment