The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Alright, I know I'm a week behind, but better late than never, right?

Mother's Day weekend was spent up in Ashburn. My mom and Glenn were out of town at a mini reception Glenn's family and friends put on up in New York, so the boys and I drove up to keep an eye on Jason and Jake (as if they need it). :) Well, they were both flying to Florida on Friday--Jake to see him mom and Jason to hang out with Chad and a few friends in Miami--so I guess I was a chauffeur as well.

Friday, I picked Lance up from his dad's house and we spent the morning running a few errands and spending time at Grandma's house. Lance is starting to really enjoy being with Jude and requested this picture be taken of them:


That afternoon the boys and I went to see the movie "How to Train Your Dragon". We had the whole theater to ourselves and were able to talk and laugh throughout the movie. I had been wanting to take Lance to see it for a long time, but whenever I asked him about going, he said he didn't want to watch it. I thought he was just being silly, so when we went I didn't tell him what movie we were watching until the previews were over and the movie was starting. He stills says he didn't like it, but I think he was bluffing. (Actually, I think he was hoping we were going to see Iron Man 2.)


After the movie, I brought Lance back to his dad's house (it was his weekend) and we spent the rest of the afternoon playing at the park that is right across the street from Scott's house. Lance got to show off his new-found swinging abilities, something he learned just the day before.

Lance swinging with his dad


Jude got into the action, too, with help from his big brother...



What a nice big brother!

Lance on an "old-school" merry-go-round

Saturday was spent with George and Jude shopping and just being together. We went to Anthropologie at Tyson's II--my first time--and had a great time looking at all the interesting decor and clothes. It was a nice day to relax and enjoy being together.

Oh, and my mother's day present?


Thanks, George! Now maybe I can get some real practice in at the beach without having to steal someone else's board.

On Sunday, Lance came home and we spent the day attending Church, having a BBQ with George's family, and making a dessert dinner for my mom after she got back from New York. We made crepes with all the trimmings (whipping cream, Nutella, cooked apples, white chocolate sauce, cream cheese sauce, etc).

The family :)

Mom and Lance

Mom and Jude


George and his parents (and Jude)

Oh, and one of the best things that happened? We got to talk to my brother Stephen! He's on a mission in Texas right now, scheduled to come home in less than two months! Yay! I can't wait. It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment