Mother's Day is coming up. It's a day to celebrate mothers and the joy that mothering brings. I have to admit, most nights I go to bed feeling guilty about my mothering capabilities and spend the next 20 minutes before falling asleep telling George what a terrible mother I am and how I'm messing up our kids for ever. Poor George. All he can do is sit there and listen and then reassuringly tell me that no, I'm not a terrible mother, our kids will turn out okay, that they really do still love me, and all hope is not lost. Thanks, George.
Yesterday morning, I happened to wake up before the boys and after George went off to school, I made Lance his favorite breakfast--chocolate chip waffles. It was almost time to leave for pre-school and Lance was still asleep. I crept upstairs and ruffled his hair. He sleepily looked at me, smiled, and said good morning.
"Lance, I made you a chocolate chip waffle just your size!"
"You're the best mommy ever!" Lance said in the cutest little sleepy voice as he trundled down the stairs to the kitchen.
Thanks, Lance. I really needed that.
No comments:
Post a Comment