April is a bit bipolar, I've noticed. Some days are a little wet...
Some are a little cold...
And other days are just about perfect.
Perfect for finding earthworms, anyway.
These girls sat outside for over an hour hunting grubs and worms.
Bender was happy to have some company outside. He LOVES playing fetch and gets so intense when you have the ball. This is the face he makes while waiting for you to throw it:
I remember when I was a kid living at Wright Patterson Air Force Base and my dad would pay us kids by the bag to gather up the grubs that were making dead spots in our grass. You could pull up the sod and see dozens of nasty little white grubs wiggling away underneath. I thought it was gross then and still do today. Apparently these girls do not share my disgust.
These days are the best--warm, sunny, and best of all: no mosquitos!
Lily has been hanging out with her buddy Annie from down the street. Annie's mom sent me these pictures of the girls doing their favorite thing--picking flowers.
Lance has been visiting his dad almost every weekend (3 out of 4 during the school year) and it's been nice for him. There's a good group of boys his age that he gets to see at Church and will get together with while he's up there. He also gets to pass the Sacrament at Church each week AND he gets to go on lots of bike rides!
Lily and Cole have discovered how to take selfies on my phone, so every so often I go through my photos and find gems like this:
In other news, Aunt Nellie (Grandma Brewer's sister) was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She is such a fighter and has an amazing ability to be positive even in the hardest circumstances. She will be doing chemotherapy and will have a mastectomy done later in May. I love this woman!
My little errand-running buddy. It'll be interesting to see how a new baby AND the kids home from school will change our day-to-day.
Lexi's hair is finally long enough for a real ponytail! I think it is the most darling thing I've seen.
We got to attend a wedding for one of George's work buddies this month as well! It was beautiful! We were able to visit with several of George's friends from his residency that have since moved for jobs.
Almost 37 weeks, baby!


























No comments:
Post a Comment