The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Babymoon in Florida--Day 5

We disembarked early the next morning after a hasty breakfast in the cafe area.


A shot of our ship:

To make up for our kinda crummy day yesterday, we drove to Universal Studios and spent the day there. It was so. much. fun! Most of the rides were immersion rides (not rollercoasters), and so were pregnancy appropriate. Score!

Jurassic Park ride!



Of course we had to check out Harry Potter world. They had one part in one park and you had the chance to ride the Hogwarts Express to the sister park where the other half of the experience was.


Trying out the butter beer!



We knew Cole would be so jealous we got to ride the train!


George isn't the biggest Harry Potter fan, but was a good sport about being patient while I gawked and drooled over all the neat rides and buildings. We will have to bring the kids back one day. I think they would love it!




We had dinner at a hibachi grill and sat at this huge table with one other man who was here on a business trip, but originally from Europe. He was extremely well-travelled and we had fun listening to him tell us all the neat places we should visit if we ever travel across the pond.

Our hotel was REALLY nice! We were sad we were only staying one night--it was a beautiful property with an expansive campus full of pools and neat amenities. If we ever come back, we will definitely be staying there again!


On our way to the airport, we had to hit up Hash House one more time!
George got the most amazing dish I've ever seen or tasted. I can't even remember what exactly it was (I know there were biscuits, bacon, hollandaise sauce, fried chicken, and hash browns in that massive pile). I honestly think it was the most delicious, savory thing I've ever experienced.  

Clearly, I made the wrong choice.

We landed in Dulles that evening, were picked up by the Glasses and then hurried home to relieve Mom who needed to drive to Ashburn that night. We were greeted by these sweet notes on our front door:

Oh how I had missed the kids! Worth it, though, to have been able to spend so much time with George. We never got a honeymoon and started our marriage with Lance, so time alone is a precious commodity. Thank you, Mom, for taking such good care of the kids and for being so willing to come! You are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment