This year for Easter, we tried a new way to dye our eggs.
I had seen several tutorials on Facebook and Pinterest that used shaving cream to create tie-dyed eggs, so we decided to try it out.
It was definitely messier than we thought!
We still had the traditional vinegar and dye which made Cole and Lily pretty happy. Cole worked really hard making several pink eggs.
The trick with the shaving cream was letting the cream and dye sit on the egg for a few minutes before wiping it off, leaving a brightly colored egg behind.
We quickly discovered it was a fantastic way to tie-dye fingers as well!
Dad even got to join in before heading off to work a night shift.
I think they turned out great!
Lily just wanted to eat the eggs.
And just a couple pictures from early April:
Jason sent me this cute picture of him at BYU visiting Vivian, Caleb and Mybree's baby. I love that our cousins are close and enjoy being together!
I can't wait to meet this cute baby! She seems so sweet and squishy.
Speaking of sweet and squishy, Lexi is still a dream baby. So happy to be with us and come along for the ride.
And Cole is making progress in his Preschool class. He's getting better at making friends and participating in class, two things he really struggles with. I'm so grateful for his teacher Ms. Brittany that works extra hard with him and always has encouraging things to say when I pick him up. You can't put a price on a good teacher!
(Picture taken after a color run at school in celebration of Holi, the Hindu celebration of color/love.)

















No comments:
Post a Comment