The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, April 17, 2017

Cousin Easter Egg hunt

April 15th found me and the kids up in Northern Virginia with the Calderwoods doing a cousin Easter Egg hunt. Grandma, Grandpa, Amy, and Stephen were there, too!

Waiting...

...and waiting.

Finally! Thanks for the help, Grandma!


This sweet peanut was content to sit in the grass and eat candy out of the couple eggs she and I found together.


The rest of the kids had a blast finding the 150+ eggs we hid in the Calderwood's uncle's backyard.
(Cole insisted on using this tiny, soft bunny basket to collect his eggs, even though we brought his big one.)





Lexi caught on pretty quick and wanted to open every egg she found.










When we were little, I remember my dad had a saying whenever he wanted us to look higher. "A hippopotamus never looks up." I think about that every time we do one of these hunts.



Trying to knock down the egg

Still eating...



Desperate times call for desperate measures.


Sassy-pants.


Our vain attempt at a group shot. I mean, to be fair, candy is pretty distracting.





These little soda candies were the hit of the hunt!

Sharing with Grandma!



Jude had a soccer game right before we came up and while we were there, Lance found a 4-leaf clover! I've never in my 34 years found one!

After the hunt, we loaded up and went to Ashburn to color eggs with Callie and Bryce!

No comments:

Post a Comment